And we're back!

Main Menu

Chicago hot dog

Started by Caliga, February 29, 2012, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

A number of Chicago hot dog vendors do not even offer ketchup as a condiment while ones that do often use it as a litmus test.

That's right, bitches.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Monoriu

The main differences seem to be no ketchup, mint flavour, and lots of toppings.  Sounds worth a try.

Though I think the only way I'll ever try it is if I make it myself. 

Eddie Teach

I mean, sure I could see leaving it off if you have chili to put on instead. /shrug
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I have to admit that when I was a kid I used to put ketchup on hot dogs. :blush:

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 29, 2012, 09:17:16 PM
I mean, sure I could see leaving it off if you have chili to put on instead. /shrug

I replace it in all cases with this:

There's simply no reason to use ketchup ever. It's like ordering a hot juicy steak and then dumping a big pile of sugar on it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

I don't put ketchup on steaks, not even the tangy variants like A1 and Heinz 57. But hot dogs are barely edible by themselves.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I have a bottle of that stuff MiM. :cool:

Monoriu

The Chinese on the bottle actually says "sweet hot pepper sauce". 

derspiess

The only way to eat hotdogs:

That's with mustard, onions, Cincy chili, and shredded mild cheddar.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

I like the chili dogs at Skyline, but I usually just get their chili. :licklips:

garbon

I need to go back to Chicago.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also, thanks for the thread, Cal.  It reminded me of Potbelly's Sandwiches which was one of my favorite chains in the Loop.  I knew that they had opened locations in New York last year and turns out they opened one just a few blocks from my office. So excited!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

There seems to be one of those near my Chicago office, and we also have one in downtown Louisville. :hmm: