News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Chicago hot dog

Started by Caliga, February 29, 2012, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on February 29, 2012, 09:50:35 PM
Also, thanks for the thread, Cal.  It reminded me of Potbelly's Sandwiches which was one of my favorite chains in the Loop.  I knew that they had opened locations in New York last year and turns out they opened one just a few blocks from my office. So excited!
Off-topic, but they worth it?  There's a Potbelly's close to the girlfriend's place in Philly, and we've been debating off and on whether or not to give it a try.
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 29, 2012, 10:03:37 PM
Also, thanks for the thread, Cal.  It reminded me of Potbelly's Sandwiches which was one of my favorite chains in the Loop.  I knew that they had opened locations in New York last year and turns out they opened one just a few blocks from my office. So excited!
Off-topic, but they worth it?  There's a Potbelly's close to the girlfriend's place in Philly, and we've been debating off and on whether or not to give it a try.

Well I can't speak for everyone's tastes but me - one of my favorite chains. I think the only sandwich place I've ever been where I enjoy ordering it with everything on it.  I was excited when my hotel was near one in Philadelphia and similarly in DC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 29, 2012, 09:11:53 PM

A number of Chicago hot dog vendors do not even offer ketchup as a condiment while ones that do often use it as a litmus test.

That's right, bitches.

lol, that's how they tell if you're a commie fag or not.

Nobody over the age of 8 uses ketchup on a real hot dog.

Eddie Teach

:rolleyes:

Next thing you'll be ragging on peanut butter & banana sandwiches.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 29, 2012, 11:07:40 PM
:rolleyes:

Next thing you'll be ragging on peanut butter & banana sandwiches.

:elvis:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2012, 11:00:30 PM

Well maybe who lack taste don't use ketchup. It's one of the basic housekeeping items like bread and milk.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 29, 2012, 11:17:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2012, 11:00:30 PM

Well maybe who lack taste don't use ketchup. It's one of the basic housekeeping items like bread and milk.

It is, and I am a big fan of ketchup.  It's liquid Americana. BUT IT DOESN'T BELONG ON A HOT DOG.

katmai

That's what is great about America, people can have differing opinions Money! *

* I have sweet relish on mine. :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2012, 11:23:23 PM
It is, and I am a big fan of ketchup.  It's liquid Americana. BUT IT DOESN'T BELONG ON A HOT DOG.

Sometimes you are just wrong and this is one of those occasions. I feel free to be American all over the place.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on February 29, 2012, 11:25:05 PM
That's what is great about America, people can have differing opinions Money! *

I'm not sure I understand these exclusivist stances. You can and should have more than one condiment!

katmai

By no means did i mean to imply you could have only one, just that my favorite standard is Relish and if anything else I'll use hot sauce or BBQ. I used to love Ketchup as kid, but just don't love it anymore.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on February 29, 2012, 11:25:05 PM

There's nothing wrong with that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 29, 2012, 11:26:05 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2012, 11:23:23 PM

Sometimes you are just wrong and this is one of those occasions. I feel free to be American all over the place.

Fine.  :glare:

Capetan Mihali

For me, it's all about the kraut.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 29, 2012, 10:05:24 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 29, 2012, 10:03:37 PM

Well I can't speak for everyone's tastes but me - one of my favorite chains. I think the only sandwich place I've ever been where I enjoy ordering it with everything on it.  I was excited when my hotel was near one in Philadelphia and similarly in DC.

Potbelly's is, in fact, awesome.  Downtown meeting attendance swells when people find out lunch is getting catered from Potbelly's.  Awesome sammiches.