News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Chicago hot dog

Started by Caliga, February 29, 2012, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Oexmelin

All my recommendations are too far from your Chicago office, unfortunately.

And indeed, PotBelly seems to have expanded tremendously. I saw a number of them in Washington as well.
Que le grand cric me croque !

garbon

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 01, 2012, 12:23:07 AM
And indeed, PotBelly seems to have expanded tremendously. I saw a number of them in Washington as well.

Wiki says they opened two locations in Dubai!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

:mmm:

Think I might make some of those soon.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

What is the deal with hot dogs? I mean they're not hot, and they're not dogs!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

My sandwich is so good and the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PRC

Hot Dogs should have ketcup, fried onions, fried mushrooms, melted cheese and that's it.  If you have to go outside that you can add a bit of mustard and some sauerkraut.  Outside of that, no dice.  The dogs themselves should be grilled, not boiled.  Buns should be white bread, not whole wheat or some other shit and you can warm the buns up by steaming or in the oven / bbq if you want.  That's basically it.  Venturing outside of these parameters means you will have a shitty hot dog.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: PRC on March 01, 2012, 03:57:32 PM
Hot Dogs should have ketcup, fried onions, fried mushrooms, melted cheese and that's it.  If you have to go outside that you can add a bit of mustard and some sauerkraut.  Outside of that, no dice.  The dogs themselves should be grilled, not boiled.  Buns should be white bread, not whole wheat or some other shit and you can warm the buns up by steaming or in the oven / bbq if you want.  That's basically it.  Venturing outside of these parameters means you will have a shitty hot dog.

:huh:

Hot dogs have to come out of the dirty hot dog water.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

PRC

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 02, 2012, 12:40:14 PM
:huh:

Hot dogs have to come out of the dirty hot dog water.

Nonsense!  You just put a few slices onto them and throw them on the BBQ. 

fhdz

How did I miss this thread?

The Chicago dog is the pinnacle of the hot dog experience, much like Chicago is the pinnacle of the Midwest.
and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Quote from: The Brain on March 01, 2012, 04:37:59 AM
What is the deal with hot dogs? I mean they're not hot, and they're not dogs!

*bass riff*

fhdz

Quote from: PRC on March 01, 2012, 03:57:32 PM
Hot Dogs should have ketcup, fried onions, fried mushrooms, melted cheese and that's it.

O_O

Admiral Yi

PRC's hot dog is one wierd hot dog.

I do two basic set ups.  Sauerkraut and mustard, possibly some raw onion, OR chili and cheese, possibly some raw onion.