News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect 3

Started by Scipio, February 18, 2012, 07:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on November 16, 2012, 12:19:12 PM
the ending isn't meaningfully different from what it was before. It's still "we made synthetic life to kill you all so synthetic life can't kill you all".

it's not EXACTLY like that, and I am sure Drakken thanks for the spoilers! :P

Drakken

Meh, I'm right now on KOTOR2 with the Restored Content mod on. By the time I find myself getting interested in ME I'll have forgotten all about it.  :P

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on November 15, 2012, 11:49:35 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 14, 2012, 11:46:58 AM
Also, Bioware isn't much more then a EA brand now.
I guess EA doesn't keep seperate studios at all, only brands?  Of all the studioes EA acquired over the years, it doesn't seem any of them stayed an independant division for long.
BioWare has been for a while, and Mythic beneath it.  And then there's Maxis.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on November 16, 2012, 11:41:34 AM
Quote from: Drakken on November 16, 2012, 11:33:58 AM
Is ME3 playable without having played the first two?

I would NOT do that because:
-the story and the world in 3 is MUCH more meaningful if you have played the others
-ME1 and ME2 may not be that great gameplay-wise (altough still good. ME1 is action-ish RPG, ME2 is RPG-ish action), but they have a great world, great story, good characters. Well worth picking both up for pennies, playing through them, then playing 3, which is really great, especially now that they have fixed the ending.

I gotta agree. ME3 would have been less compelling without back-story.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: viper37 on November 14, 2012, 11:06:12 AM
Mass Effect 4 is in development.  They will use the Frostbite 2 engine, with the modifications the Dragon Age team has already worked on.

Is that the thing DA2 runs on? Hopefully, it's nothing like that.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

viper37

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 29, 2012, 12:31:43 AM
Mass Effect 4 is in development.  They will use the Frostbite 2 engine, with the modifications the Dragon Age team has already worked on.

No, it's the engine used for DA3 (in development), and many games developped by EA.  I think the last Battlefield is on that engine.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Cecil

Quote from: viper37 on November 29, 2012, 10:22:21 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 29, 2012, 12:31:43 AM

No, it's the engine used for DA3 (in development), and many games developped by EA.  I think the last Battlefield is on that engine.

Yes the engine was developed by DICE who also made BF3.

viper37

Anybody here still playing MP?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Legbiter

I give it a spin once a week or so.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

Ok.  Next question then: anyone interested in playing a Silver game this week, between 21:00 and 23:00 EST?

Neil

viper37

PC of course.  I'm stricly mono-gamous in my gaming relationships.

Neil

Caliga

Finally finished ME3 last night.  Wow, that was.... different.  I'm pretty sure I got the best ending: [spoiler]the synthesis ending, which reminded me of the ending of Deux Ex, only on steroids. [/spoiler]

No idea what game I'll play next. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points