News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scrolls

Started by JonasSalk, June 15, 2013, 10:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

www.scrolls.com

Anybody play this? Habs and I have been amassing rares. Soon, we shall climb the ladder of ranked play to victory with our mighty wolves and kinfolk and whatever the fuck he's playing.
Yuman

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

JonasSalk

It's a bit of an odd mixture between a tactics game and Magic: The Gathering.

Here's a long-ass video about it: http://youtu.be/PDOXyzLBvdU

It's still in beta at a reduced price ($20.95 American, cheaper if UK or Euro) so it's a work-in-progress. The game is fun and when you pull off a victory in a really long match against someone online there is a distinct sense of "FUCK YES" about it. I like it, but it doesn't feel like the game is "done." The amount of cards in the game is somewhat limited and there's only 3 "colors" to play right now. A fourth, Decay, will be coming out fairly soon in a patch. The game has made its development costs already so it is successful and will definitely be supported in the future.

One of the good things: the model is similar to a free-to-play after the initial cost. You play matches, you get gold, which lets you buy more cards. You CAN choose to purchase "shards" with real money, which allows you to buy a lot more packs of cards than gold, but THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE to doing that versus getting the gold. So it isn't like you buy mega-cards that only people who pay real money can get. Everything is a level field.
Yuman

Grey Fox

Looks interesting but 21$? :lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

JonasSalk

Yeah it is a bit pricey...especially for a beta. I thought $10 would have been more appropriate, but it looks like they're going to add a lot of content in the future just like Minecraft did.
Yuman

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Grey Fox

Well, the grey fox way is 9.99$ or less.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.