News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect 3

Started by Scipio, February 18, 2012, 07:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: viper37 on March 14, 2012, 11:37:40 PM
The MP bug, where your character can't shoot, can't use his powers... that's really annoying.
That shit sucks the balls.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Scipio on March 15, 2012, 07:32:42 AM
The MP bug, where your character can't shoot, can't use his powers... that's really annoying.
then how do you kill enemies? Lick 'em to death?

viper37

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 15, 2012, 08:07:58 AM
Quote from: Scipio on March 15, 2012, 07:32:42 AM
then how do you kill enemies? Lick 'em to death?
You don't.  They even ignore you, I believe.  Second time they did for sure, first time, can't tell.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Can't reproduce.  User error.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

I like that my imported character had his hair color change as that shade is no longer supported. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

So, anybody on the eastern time zone would like to set up a game?  Bronze or silver, no gold, I ain't good enough :)
I figure it would be easier to adjust for different time zones during the week-end.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

viper37

Mass Effect 4 is in development.  They will use the Frostbite 2 engine, with the modifications the Dragon Age team has already worked on.

Oh, and the entire franchise development has now moved to Bioware Montreal.

Question to Grey Fox and Neil: is Bioware a totally seperate entity from Electronic Arts, or do they share resources during the development stage?

Grey Fox

I don't know both possibilites are an option but they probably share ressources. Bioware Montreal worked on Mass Effect 2 & 3 already.

Also, Bioware isn't much more then a EA brand now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

BioWare is the EA brand for their role-playing-style games.

Yeah, some of my friends have been flying to Montreal every month to help them learn the ropes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 14, 2012, 11:46:58 AM
Also, Bioware isn't much more then a EA brand now.
I guess EA doesn't keep seperate studios at all, only brands?  Of all the studioes EA acquired over the years, it doesn't seem any of them stayed an independant division for long.

Drakken

Is ME3 playable without having played the first two?

Tamas

Quote from: Drakken on November 16, 2012, 11:33:58 AM
Is ME3 playable without having played the first two?

I would NOT do that because:
-the story and the world in 3 is MUCH more meaningful if you have played the others
-ME1 and ME2 may not be that great gameplay-wise (altough still good. ME1 is action-ish RPG, ME2 is RPG-ish action), but they have a great world, great story, good characters. Well worth picking both up for pennies, playing through them, then playing 3, which is really great, especially now that they have fixed the ending.

Crazy_Ivan80

the ending isn't meaningfully different from what it was before. It's still "we made synthetic life to kill you all so synthetic life can't kill you all".