News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect 3

Started by Scipio, February 18, 2012, 07:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Scipio on February 18, 2012, 03:00:51 PM
Origin name is ScipioAmericanus, for multiplayer purposes.
just sent you an invite: Redviper37, for anyone willing to join :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

I have: completed the game.

Scipio

Quote from: Tamas on March 11, 2012, 05:17:36 AM
I have: completed the game.
KEEE-RIST, son, you must have a lot of free time on the beet farm.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Legbiter

The ending is....a bit of downer.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tamas

Quote from: Legbiter on March 11, 2012, 02:35:47 PM

yeah, but the road there is quite good. Even emotional, sometimes.

Legbiter

Yeah, it's a great game on every metric I can list but I don't think I'll ever replay it because of the ending.

Cecil

Quote from: Tamas on March 11, 2012, 02:51:41 PM

I agree. [spoiler]The space jesus child ending is the most retarded ending I´ve ever seen though. I mean literally the dumbest I´ve ever seen.[/spoiler]

Legbiter

Quote from: Cecil on March 11, 2012, 04:18:18 PM
I agree. [spoiler]The space jesus child ending is the most retarded ending I´ve ever seen though. I mean literally the dumbest I´ve ever seen.[/spoiler]

Yep, [spoiler] if they'd cut to credits while Shepard and Anderson bleed to death while watching the space battle that would have been a fine ending. But then WTF space wizard shows up and gives you 3 retarded options that Shepard goes meekly along with, all the mass relays get destroyed, the Normandy is shown having left the battle and winds up on a random planet. Yay.

Bioware basically torched the IP. Replay value: 0.  :frusty:[/spoiler]

Hell, the Reapers just outright winning would have felt better and would have been more thematically appropriate than what you get.

Tamas

Yeah.

[spoiler]I didn't get the ultra-positive third choice about the bonding of men and machine, but I actually played through the final part again to check the renegade-looking choice after the paragon-looking one. Boy oh boy, the same animation with a different color of lightning, and reapers blowing up instead of retreating. yay![/spoiler]

viper37

Quote from: Cecil on March 11, 2012, 04:18:18 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 11, 2012, 02:51:41 PM

I'm not sure I agree.

I think it's a fitting end to the trilogy.  I just don't see how it could have ended otherwise.

[spoiler]
What I don't get is what was the Normandy doing in hyperspace?  They were fighting the Reapers on Earth, everyone was on the ground, EDI-ship & Joker were coordinating artillery strikes from the ground... wtf are they doing in hyperspace when the Reapers are retreating??

Destroying the realys thouhg, was the thing to do. This is "Reaper" tech, and what they want is to break the cycle, force the races to isolate themselves and restart fresh, without a boost, see how things will be different this time -it's a Battlestar Galactica ending, wich makes more sense in this context.[/spoiler]

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

[spoiler]Well, if you consider that total failure is if Sepherd doesn't reach the end, then it is less idiotic yeah, but if they were hell-bent on destroying the world as we know it, it would have been nice to witness it, like Legbiter said. And the positive ending should had been a survival of the world at least. The 3rd episode have you face a couple of interesting world-wide what-if decisions, like the krogans or the geth. Too bad they turn out to be meaningless from a role-playing point of view.

But of course this uproar is also because -I guess- people love the setting, and seeing said setting destroyed by the game's end no matter what, is a let down.[/spoiler]

Crazy_Ivan80

http://arkis.deviantart.com/art/Mass-Effect-3-Alternate-Endings-SPOILERS-289902125

fanfic, sadly, but it would have been a nice alternative the bluergh bioware created now.

Spoileriffic of course so enter at your own peril.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on March 12, 2012, 11:52:16 AM
[spoiler]Well, if you consider that total failure is if Sepherd doesn't reach the end, then it is less idiotic yeah, but if they were hell-bent on destroying the world as we know it, it would have been nice to witness it, like Legbiter said. And the positive ending should had been a survival of the world at least. The 3rd episode have you face a couple of interesting world-wide what-if decisions, like the krogans or the geth. Too bad they turn out to be meaningless from a role-playing point of view.

But of course this uproar is also because -I guess- people love the setting, and seeing said setting destroyed by the game's end no matter what, is a let down.[/spoiler]

I have seen only one ending, not all three of them.  I shall go see the other 2 tonight.

Btw, wasn't MP supposed to impact your SP game?

Legbiter

Quote from: viper37 on March 12, 2012, 11:46:59 AM

I think it's a fitting end to the trilogy.  I just don't see how it could have ended otherwise.

For 99% of the game you're playing a war story/80's scifi, kicking ass and taking names and then it lurches at warp speed into fantasy with no foreshadowing. An asspull as it's referred to in the biz.  :lol:

Very jarring with no choice, just 1 ending with 3 filters.

[spoiler] Also, all endings leave Shepard either dead or stuck aboard an exploding space station. I blew out a panel and destroyed the Reapers but pretty much every thing you did in-game dosen't matter.[/spoiler]

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on March 12, 2012, 11:46:42 AM
Yeah.

[spoiler]I didn't get the ultra-positive third choice about the bonding of men and machine, but I actually played through the final part again to check the renegade-looking choice after the paragon-looking one. Boy oh boy, the same animation with a different color of lightning, and reapers blowing up instead of retreating. yay![/spoiler]

[spoiler] I'd say the 2 "positive" endings was just the space wizard's attempts at self-preservation. Also, I blew up the heretic geth rather than rewrite them to accept their enemy's logic so my Shep instantly cyborging every organic via space magic felt abhorrent. Plus, fusing the 2 together dosen't resolve the asspull dilemma of creator versus created.[/spoiler]  :frusty: