And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 12, 2012, 09:36:54 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 12, 2012, 09:34:39 PM
Quote from: EdI missed the golden age of Hungarian sluts.  :mad: DAMN WORK.

You gotta just keep moving east, like the Czech Legion.

I did have the dream once of traveling the old WP countries and just fuck my way across them.

Thankfully, I never did. I saw the AIDS rates there. :pinch:

You're white, yes?  CCR5 Delta 32.  Get tested, today, my friend.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on February 12, 2012, 10:02:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 12, 2012, 09:36:54 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 12, 2012, 09:34:39 PM
Quote from: EdI missed the golden age of Hungarian sluts.  :mad: DAMN WORK.

You gotta just keep moving east, like the Czech Legion.

I did have the dream once of traveling the old WP countries and just fuck my way across them.

Thankfully, I never did. I saw the AIDS rates there. :pinch:

You're white, yes?  CCR5 Delta 32.  Get tested, today, my friend.

White as the driven snow. I do play a black man on the Internet sometimes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I'm just saying, you have the funds to get your genes checked out.  With a homozygous mutant CCR5 you're basically immune to HIV, even a heterozygous mutation provides some protection, and it's relatively frequent in white folk (thanks smallpox!).  Also, it would be really great to lord it over Martinus.

At whatever point I have some spare cash (hmph), I plan on seeing if I've got it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I could go on a rampage at the college. Line up ladies! 1 ride, 1 'A'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Yeah, I always wanted to be a magistrate.
Kinemalogue

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 12, 2012, 08:54:01 PM
]It's the wording of the question that's so awful.
I felt it pretty obvious to native speakers that it of course means "What interesting stuff is there except the DMZ?" rather than "Korea, pah, it has nothing does it!".

As I am contemplating a trip there as the easiest foreign country to get to.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Seoul is awesome. Great museums, palaces and clubs.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

There's the place where they filmed M*A*S*H.
Kinemalogue

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Ideologue on February 12, 2012, 11:35:52 PM
There's the place where they filmed M*A*S*H.

California?

Korea has a bunch of palaces and similar stuff in Seoul. Some temples, too. Most of it was reconstructed after the war, because the Japanese burned/tore down most of them, but that's true through most of Asia (except Japan, where the USAAF was the one who burned things:) ). Lots of shopping there, especially electronics, clothing and cosmetics. If you have a Japanese girlfriend/girl friend, get some stuff for her - lots of Japanese girls like buying Korean cosmetics from Myeongdong. She'll also force you to go to a bunch of places she's seen in Korean dramas.

There's great hiking there, too. The nice beaches are in the south or east, or on Jeju island. Also, even though Jeju is called "Korea's Hawaii", it is not warm in the winter and even gets occasional snow.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Email me your resume Ide. Job opening at the local middle school.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Whoa, cool.

Include law degree: yes/no?

I'm thinking it would be better to do so since: 1)Asians don't know; and 2)there's a gaping hole in my life otherwise.
Kinemalogue

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on February 14, 2012, 03:37:10 PM
Whoa, cool.

I'm thinking it would be better to do so since: 1)Asians don't know; and 2)there's a gaping hole in my life otherwise.

I have one of those, but its got nothing to do with my cv.   :(  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

In my case it'd be more accurate to say the gaping hole *is* my life.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on February 14, 2012, 03:37:10 PM
Whoa, cool.

Sure, I was told you'd need a TESL certificate, but I know that's not true. Still doesn't hurt to have more random qualifications. Does a Law degree count as a Master? You get more money for that.
Also, 100hr TESL cost like $200 bucks, can be marathoned in a weekend and will get you an extra $100 per month.

If they have questions just tell them you found out you hated practicing law, every country hates lawyers so they'll understand. I'll PM you my email address

1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

I hope this works out.

I really want to read about Ide's adventurers in Korea (or China or Japan).