And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2012, 04:03:41 PM
What about Brandy?

She's a fine girl, what a good wife she would be?

The Brain

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on February 09, 2012, 04:36:17 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 09, 2012, 12:04:09 PM
Dude, you live in Georgia?  Has this ever come up before?

It has indeed come up before, and I enjoy talking about it because the abstract novelty is about the only thing that keeps me going. I'm saving the children of the Republic of Georgia from having slightly worse English skills than they would otherwise.

Are they like the Molombos?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

It has indeed come up before, and I enjoy talking about it because the abstract novelty is about the only thing that keeps me going. I'm saving the children of the Republic of Georgia from having slightly worse English skills than they would otherwise.

So tell us, what are the highlights and lowlights? How big a city are you in? What some Georgian cultural quirks we wouldn't expect? Is the food and wine good? What's the dating like? How old are your students? What are peoples' attitude towards you?

The Brain

Quote from: Jacob on February 09, 2012, 04:45:44 PM
What's the dating like? How old are your students?

Inappropriate much? :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Do they realize that the Anglophone world is in decline, if not collapse?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on February 09, 2012, 04:49:14 PM

Jeez, grapes sour much?

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Jacob on February 09, 2012, 04:45:44 PM

So tell us, what are the highlights and lowlights? How big a city are you in? What some Georgian cultural quirks we wouldn't expect? Is the food and wine good? What's the dating like? How old are your students? What are peoples' attitude towards you?

The highlight is the amazing and unexpected generosity, the lowlights are that I haven't showered in a week and it's way too fucking cold. I think my neighbor is going to unplug his modem soon (the ethernet cable runs from his house to ours, under a meter of snow right now; Georgians unplug their electronics at night because of power surges), so I'll have to get to the rest later.

Brain: There's a sow in my village with nipples coming out of its cheeks.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 09, 2012, 04:55:16 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 09, 2012, 04:49:14 PM

Jeez, grapes sour much?

They taste as Blueberry Warheads.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

You're doing that teach in Georgia thing I remember laughing at not too long ago?
http://www.cci-exchange.com/teach/georgia.aspx
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Eddie's English isn't that bad.   :mad:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PDH

Quote from: Habbaku on February 09, 2012, 07:40:51 PM
Eddie's English isn't that bad.   :mad:

But that modem story thingy seems spot on for Georgia...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

She's trying to get back with me now.

Man, dumping people is hard. I'm just too nice.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2012, 10:23:38 PM
She's trying to get back with me now.

Man, dumping people is hard. I'm just too nice.

SOUNDS NEEDY.  I LIKE IT.

Dude, you tell her a whiter man is just around the corner.
Kinemalogue

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue