News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:rolleyes: I'm not confusing Korea with Vietnam.  I know that it's cold, at least in the central and northern parts of the peninsula.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Located on the Southeasternmost tip of the Korean Peninsula, Busan has a humid subtropical climate (Köppen climate classification Cfa). Extremely high or low temperatures are rare. May to July, late Springs and early Summers, are usually cooler than inland region because of the ocean effect. late Summer and early Autumn, August and September, are generally hot and humid and the city may experience typhoons at that time and be generally rainy. On September 15, 1959, Super Typhoon Sarah passed by the coast of the city and caused catastrophic damage. An unusually severe storm on September 12, 2003, Typhoon Maemi, also caused damage to ships and buildings and resulted in over 48 fatalities.

October and November are generally the most comfortable, with clear skies and pleasant temperatures. Winters are cold and comparatively dry with high winds, but much milder than other parts of Korea except Jeju-do and several islands of the southern coast. Busan and the nearby area has the least amount of snow compared to other regions of Korea due to its location. Snow falls on an average of only about 6 days per year. Even a little accumulation of snow can effectively shut down this seaport city because of the hilly terrain and unfamiliarity of motorists with driving on snow.

Actually the climate of P/Busan sounds similar to the climate where I live, except our summers are hotter.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on February 10, 2012, 10:02:40 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 10, 2012, 09:42:30 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 10, 2012, 08:11:55 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 10, 2012, 12:39:52 PM
Never heard of Goheung.  Generally Korean seasons are like New England seasons.  In other words you'll freeze your Beanerbama ass off.
I thought Pusan was subtropical, with palm trees and shit. :hmm:

I think you might be confusing Korean War with Vietnam War.  :P

I think Westmoreland did as well.

Foul  :mad:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Caliga on February 10, 2012, 10:35:27 PM
:rolleyes: I'm not confusing Korea with Vietnam.  I know that it's cold, at least in the central and northern parts of the peninsula.

Actually the climate of P/Busan sounds similar to the climate where I live, except our summers are hotter.

Well, most of the South is in the humid subtropical zone as well.

The native range of palm trees doesn't extend much away from the Atlantic coast, though. :P

jimmy olsen

Maybe Pusan's temperature is moderated by being on the sea, but the northern part of south Korea is constantly 30 plus degrees C for at least two months and extremely humid.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Gator needs some walking around money.

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 11, 2012, 12:50:48 AM
Maybe Pusan's temperature is moderated by being on the sea, but the northern part of south Korea is constantly 30 plus degrees C for at least two months and extremely humid.
Why don't you check Pusan out for us? :)

Caliga

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on February 11, 2012, 12:48:12 AM
The native range of palm trees doesn't extend much away from the Atlantic coast, though. :P
Yes, but Pusan is on the coast. :smarty:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2012, 06:48:40 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 11, 2012, 12:50:48 AM
Why don't you check Pusan out for us? :)
Me and HMBOB were gonna go once. We missed the bus.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

sbr

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2012, 06:49:17 AM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on February 11, 2012, 12:48:12 AM
Yes, but Pusan is on the coast. :smarty:

Korea has an Atlantic coast  :lol: ?

You Yanks and your crazy geography  :D

lustindarkness

I think I can deal with cold (Antarctica was not that bad) but wet and cold does not sound like fun. Oh well.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2012, 09:08:54 AM
There's only one? :hmm:
It was Chuseok (Thanksgiving). All the later buses were full.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Since this is turning into a generic Korea thread I wonder...

How common are Hanzi over there? In Korean films I never seem to see any Chinese characters on any signs or anything. Its  always just Hangul.

And...is there anything worth seeing in Korea? Except the DMZ.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 12, 2012, 07:56:51 PM
Since this is turning into a generic Korea thread I wonder...

How common are Hanzi over there? In Korean films I never seem to see any Chinese characters on any signs or anything. Its  always just Hangul.

And...is there anything worth seeing in Korea? Except the DMZ.
I don't know is there anything worth seeing in England? Except Big Ben?  :huh:

And you wonder why people treat you like an ignorant fuck! Even if you don't know anything about a country, there are always interesting things to see.

1 Karma Chameleon point