News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

No one ever wants to be let down easy. They kick and scream until your forced to be a dick. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

You shouldn't feel bad about being a dick if it's necessary.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Ideologue on February 03, 2012, 12:30:14 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 03, 2012, 09:13:35 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 02, 2012, 07:49:58 PM
Just misdemeanors!

China doesn't give a fuck. :)
One of my coworkers got busted for pot possession in NY a year or so before going to teach in China.
Just don't mention Tibet.  :ph34r:

I don't think the mainland is for me, in that I'm 99% sure I'd be dead before the end of my contract.  At the very least, I'd need a new handle here to disassociate myself from my numerous statements against the PRC.  Mono would probably sell me out for a new pair of shoes though.

The aforementioned pothead spent New Years Eve passing out postcards that were basically commentary on Chinese censorship. If you're a foreigner and not posting in Chinese/reaching a wider audience, you won't be noticed.

Also, I get a $500 USD bonus if you apply to my company before April.
I'll split it with you. :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on February 09, 2012, 04:57:18 PM
The highlight is the amazing and unexpected generosity, the lowlights are that I haven't showered in a week and it's way too fucking cold. I think my neighbor is going to unplug his modem soon (the ethernet cable runs from his house to ours, under a meter of snow right now; Georgians unplug their electronics at night because of power surges), so I'll have to get to the rest later.

Brain: There's a sow in my village with nipples coming out of its cheeks.

Have you met any future Stalins or Berias? :)

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2012, 10:48:15 PM
No one ever wants to be let down easy. They kick and scream until your forced to be a dick. <_<

Lucky.
All the girls that I broke up with dumped me. And basically stopped responding to any text message, etc. Sometimes after saying they just hooked back up with their ex. :(
The closest I've ever come to dumping is growing apart and showing disinterest whenever we get back in touch.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

lustindarkness

This seems like as good a place to ask as any.

1) Just how cold and wet is the south of korea? like Goheung, in March.
2) How many points are koreans if squished by a large militart truck?

Thank you for your input.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 10, 2012, 12:34:40 PM

Never heard of Goheung.  Generally Korean seasons are like New England seasons.  In other words you'll freeze your Beanerbama ass off.

Quote2) How many points are koreans if squished by a large militart truck?

Depends which version of the rules you're playing with.

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2012, 10:23:38 PM
She's trying to get back with me now.

Man, dumping people is hard. I'm just too nice.

Use the patented and trademarked Languish(tm) method: ask for increasingly outlandish and bizzare sexual favours until she dumps *you*.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 10, 2012, 12:39:52 PM
Never heard of Goheung.  Generally Korean seasons are like New England seasons.  In other words you'll freeze your Beanerbama ass off.
I thought Pusan was subtropical, with palm trees and shit. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on February 10, 2012, 06:27:16 PM
Use the patented and trademarked Languish(tm) method: ask for increasingly outlandish and bizzare sexual favours until she dumps *you*.  ;)
+1
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Has anyone actually used said method?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Isn't an easier way to ditch someone is by ignoring their attempts to communicate?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on February 10, 2012, 08:11:55 PM
thought Pusan was subtropical, with palm trees and shit. :hmm:

No palm trees in Korea.

Tonitrus

I think you might be confusing Korean War with Vietnam War.  :P

jimmy olsen

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 10, 2012, 12:34:40 PM

The seasons are more extreme than New England. Summer's hotter and winter's colder. Less snow though unless you're in Kangwon province.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 10, 2012, 09:42:30 PM

I think you might be confusing Korean War with Vietnam War.  :P

I think Westmoreland did as well.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"