News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Ten years ago in March, except for the public disorderly conduct from three years ago in April.  It involved speaking colloquial English, and the use of idiom. :)

DUI is thirteen years old.  Records inaccessible by computer: the only way anyone would know is going to a courthouse in rural South Carolina and spending an hour or two (sigh) manually going through the records.  Guess what?  I ain't reporting that to anyone of less stature than the highest court in an American jurisdiction anymore.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

QuoteAll applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements:

1. Native English Speaker Check
2. Passport from the UK, USA, NZ, AUS, CAN, RSA or Ireland. Can do
3. Bachelor's Degree o[r] Higher OR an Associate's Degree with a TEFL/TESOL Certificate Ha ha ha ha... yes
4. One-Year Commitment Wait, the cats
5. Criminal Background Check (upon offer of employment) But what about the cats?

How does one ship cats to the RoC?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Ideologue

OK, I've figured it out, I just pay my sister to take care of them for a year.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

That would so crack me up if I ran into Korean a couple years down the road that spoke English like Gomer Pyle.

Ideologue

To me, perhaps you're the one with the stupid accent. :angry:
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on February 02, 2012, 08:29:54 PM

Can't argue with 3,000 local news anchors. :contract:

Neil

You'll never get in, Ide.  With a law degree, they'll have no choice but to assume that you're trying to get into the country in order to fuck their schoolgirls.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on February 02, 2012, 08:32:00 PM
You'll never get in, Ide.  With a law degree, they'll have no choice but to assume that you're trying to get into the country in order to fuck their schoolgirls.

They'd be right, but Asians are clearly somewhat ignorant of our rapid decline; that's why they want to learn English.  Besides, I'll spin it that I want to see the world (have sex with foreigners) and build up cultural experience that I can use in practice in California, working with companies that contract with Asian suppliers (if they're dumb enough to buy this, the sky is literally the limit, to the extent that they probably can't tell the difference between USC [SoCal] and USC [Carolina], and I can probably say I'm on a year-long deferral).
Kinemalogue

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on February 02, 2012, 08:06:17 PM
Ten years ago in March, except for the public disorderly conduct from three years ago in April.  It involved speaking colloquial English, and the use of idiom. :)

DUI is thirteen years old.  Records inaccessible by computer: the only way anyone would know is going to a courthouse in rural South Carolina and spending an hour or two (sigh) manually going through the records.  Guess what?  I ain't reporting that to anyone of less stature than the highest court in an American jurisdiction anymore.

I have one (1) speeding ticket from about ten years ago.  Nothing else ever stuck. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Pleading insanity probably works a whole lot more often when you actually are.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on February 02, 2012, 08:06:17 PM

It won't show up on an FBI check though?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on February 02, 2012, 08:29:54 PM
Oh, crap. Totally forgot about. A lot of these places do phone or skype interviews.

You'll never pass if your southern accent is too strong.  :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

The whole point for an Asian to learn English is to be perceived as an intelligent citizens of the world and worthy memebrs of the elite.  It's hard to do that when the Southern accent is universally associated with gross idiocy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.