Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

That would be my dream series.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2012, 08:41:16 PM
I'll admit to having had a bit of a Senators fetish in the past, but to me now the Nationals are just another NL East team.

Moe Berg is my favorite ballplayer of all time, but Senators worship is up there with the Yankees and the Cubs.  Bleech.  Guess you had to be in Baltimore when DC was awarded a franchise to appreciate it.  :lol:

QuoteWainright gets tattooed with 2 more HRs in the 3rd.  Cards down 6-0.  I'm calling it.

I'm going to keep the scoring alerts going on my iHipster, but yeah, I think the redbirds are cooked.

Tony LaRussa would've never let this happen.  :(

Ed Anger

At least we don't have to deal with Red Sox douchebaggery this year.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Whaddya know, bases loaded with no outs.  Hmmm.  May have to postpone my direct-to-cable Eric Roberts marathon for a bit.

CountDeMoney

Oh shit, that PB was important, empties first base.

derspiess

Well it's not like the Cardinals haven't been getting opportunities.  Matheny should have pulled Wainright when he allowed those first three runs in the 1st.  Then we might have a 3-3 tie right now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

derspiess

Down to their last strike (twice), Cards manage to tie it up 7-7 and then pull ahead 9-7.

Whatever happens in the bottom of the 9th, the looks on the faces of Nats fans and obvious disappointment in the voices of the announcers was worth the price of admission.

katmai

Hmm after their performance I'm not sure if home field would be an advantage for Giants

derspiess

CARDS WIN!! CARDS WIN!! CARDS WIN!! 

Seedy can thank this guy for ruining Washington's season:

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2012, 11:22:48 PM
Down to their last strike (twice), Cards manage to tie it up 7-7 and then pull ahead 9-7.

Whatever happens in the bottom of the 9th, the looks on the faces of Nats fans and obvious disappointment in the voices of the announcers was worth the price of admission.

I'm beginning to think the Cards are deliberately doing this to people "Dashing people's hopes since 1882."
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Damn Yankees.

Oh, well, here's rooting for the Tigers, then.

I was secretly hoping for a BAL-WAS World Series. I'd be disappointed, but as a Pirates fan I transcend such feelings.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on October 12, 2012, 11:37:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2012, 11:22:48 PM

I'm beginning to think the Cards are deliberately doing this to people "Dashing people's hopes since 1882."

Let's see.  Just in the past year or so, it's been the Brewers, Phillies, Texans, Braves, and now Nationals.  Yep.

I need to go open a bottle of something to celebrate.