News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

So with the Cards not facing the Reds (barring an extremely unlikely NLCS matchup), I'm left with a dilemma.  Do I support the local team in the NLDS for the good of the city, or do I support my dad's team (Giants). 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Pete rose demands your support.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

The cardinals are my favorite team EVAR and ill always hate the Yankees, but other than that I would like to see one of the other al teams win this year.

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on October 04, 2012, 11:08:48 AM
The cardinals are my favorite team EVAR and ill always hate the Yankees, but other than that I would like to see one of the other al teams win this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Cards-Yanks World Series in my lifetime.  Last one was back in 1964.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

The Red Sox fired Bobby Valentine.  I hear Terry Francona is available.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2012, 12:17:07 PM
The Red Sox fired Bobby Valentine.

That's a shame, as I like Bobby Vagina.  But Boston was definitely the wrong market for him.

Eddie Teach

How 'bout a Cardinals vs Browns series?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2012, 12:17:07 PM
The Red Sox fired Bobby Valentine.  I hear Terry Francona is available.
Francona is on the Indians' shortlist.  I'd love to see him go there.  Apparently he knows the GM.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2012, 02:23:21 PM

If the Orioles end up facing off vs. the Cards in the Series, they should be forced to wear their old Browns uniforms.  And play the entire series in St. Louis :D

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2012, 03:00:59 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2012, 02:23:21 PM

If the Orioles end up facing off vs. the Cards in the Series, they should be forced to wear their old Browns uniforms.  And play the entire series in St. Louis :D

Why not?  There are probably more Orioles fans living in St. Louis today than there ever were Browns fans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Yikes.  Should've have choked on the AL East, fellas.

QuoteManager Buck Showalter has selected left-hander Joe Saunders to start the Orioles' do-or-die American League wild-card playoff game against the Texas Rangers Friday night at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Saunders, acquired in a Aug. 26 trade with the Arizona Diamondbacks, has struggled mightily in six career starts at Texas, going 0-6 with a 9.38 ERA.

Valmy

It can't end this way they gotta beat Texas man.  This season is supposed to end gloriously.  Surely Buck knows what he is doing.  So nervous for this game tommorow.  One bad game and its all over.

CountDeMoney

The die has been cast, my friend.  And it has a 0-6 record with a 9.38 ERA.

Syt

Which will turn into a feel good story when he wins the game for them. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2012, 10:20:31 PM
The die has been cast, my friend.  And it has a 0-6 record with a 9.38 ERA.

Eh.
O's have a strong and deep bullpen and everyone is available.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson