Oklahoma Teen Mom Guns Down Armed Intruder

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 06:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on January 05, 2012, 10:59:23 AM
You sure, I thought that was a pictured of the accused.

Marty is now chiding us for celebrating the fact a woman wasn't murdered. :lol:

Corrected :)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Quote from: 11B4V on January 05, 2012, 11:39:32 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 05, 2012, 10:59:23 AM
You sure, I thought that was a pictured of the accused.

Marty is now chiding us for celebrating the fact a woman wasn't murdered. :lol:

Corrected :)

You quoted his post verbatim.  :huh:

Phillip V

Ed Anger

Why are you people biting into Mart's troll sandwich? Sheesh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Amazing and interesting that the second burglar was charged with the murder of his accomplice. I've never heard of such a thing, but hey, those kinds of laws would certainly get a lot more criminals off the streets a lot longer.

These fools were breaking into a home to try and steal prescription drugs. Couple of jokes these guys were.  <_<

MadImmortalMan

Can't blame a cancer victim for marrying a young girl I guess. They both knew what was going to happen.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Phillip V

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 05, 2012, 12:21:39 PM
Can't blame a cancer victim for marrying a young girl I guess. They both knew what was going to happen.
Reminds me of young girls marrying 80-year-old Civil War veterans in the early 20th century to get a lifetime widow's pension.

http://dba-oracle.blogspot.com/2010/01/veterans-widow-benefits-help-widowers.html

This girl married an 81-year-old veteran, gave him a son, and then after his death, married his grandson from a previous marriage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_Martin

DGuller

Wow, becoming a father at 82?  That guy sure had it in him (or, more precisely, her).

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on January 05, 2012, 01:23:03 PM
Wow, becoming a father at 82?  That guy sure had it in him (or, more precisely, her).

I note that it may be the case that the kid was not his ...  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 05, 2012, 12:21:39 PM

16? I stand by this being basically predatory. She was only a couple years older than Elizabeth Smart when she got married.

I assume he didn't have cancer at the time they married. I doubt she knew she would end up a widowed single mom at 18.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Look at the house she's living in.  I think she saw a chance to move in to some decent digs and took it.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 05, 2012, 01:46:10 PM
Look at the house she's living in.  I think she saw a chance to move in to some decent digs and took it.

We need more people to see the practical sides of marriage. Then, we would have less divorce and a stronger middle class.

Ideologue

Quote from: Phillip V on January 05, 2012, 01:56:29 PM

We need more people to see the practical sides of marriage.

No.  We don't.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Phillip V

Quote from: Ideologue on January 05, 2012, 02:04:44 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 05, 2012, 01:56:29 PM

We need more people to see the practical sides of marriage.

No.  We don't.

"Love" is destroying us.