News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Here's a very thorough post on the new talent/spec system.

http://eu.battle.net/blizzcon/en/blog/3167724/World_of_Warcraft_Class_Talent_System_-21_10_2011#blog

As you can see, specs are still in the game, you just learn the "must have" spec "talents" as automatic abilities. I think this is sensible since it removes the false choices and leaves the real ones (in the form of talents, and the overall choice of specs).

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on October 26, 2011, 05:51:00 AM
As you can see, specs are still in the game, you just learn the "must have" spec "talents" as automatic abilities. I think this is sensible since it removes the false choices and leaves the real ones (in the form of talents, and the overall choice of specs).

Isn't that what they said they were doing the last time they revamped talents?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on October 26, 2011, 08:28:07 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 26, 2011, 05:51:00 AM

Isn't that what they said they were doing the last time they revamped talents?

Yeah but now they are showing how they are going to do it, so it is more hopeful.

Anyway, I bought the yearly pass so will be in the beta, so will keep you guys posted. :P

Eddie Teach

Does this yearly pass have to be 12 months consecutive?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 26, 2011, 11:53:32 AM
Does this yearly pass have to be 12 months consecutive?

Yup. But it is not an up front payment. More like a year-long montly payment plan. For me it doesn't make much difference, since even when I get bored with WoW, I don't normally cancel my subscription, so it's a win-win.

Plus, since I was going to get Diablo 3 anyway and would pay $25 or so for the mount too if they were selling it in the store, it's almost free for me.

Barrister

I have to admit that I was stoked for TBC, hyped over Lich King, and intrigued enough to buy Cataclysm, but Pandaria just leaves me cold.  Monks, Pandas, yet another talent revamp - yawn.  Just no real pull.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

I miss TBC & the time to play WoW for 12-16h a day.

:(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Well, as my favorite class in EQ was the monk and in DAoC was the friar, I'm looking forward to playing a monk in WoW.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on October 25, 2011, 07:14:40 PM
And of course, my guess is Blizzard wants all 6 choices to be hard and all 18 abilities to be attractive. That's likely not going to happen, but I do believe it'll be more exciting than having a few leftover points after you've placed the cookie cutter.

Meh, they said it was going to be like glyphs.  If so the choices are going to be pretty straight forward.

I am with BB on this.  Completely uninterested this time round.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on October 26, 2011, 11:56:47 AM
I have to admit that I was stoked for TBC, hyped over Lich King, and intrigued enough to buy Cataclysm, but Pandaria just leaves me cold.  Monks, Pandas, yet another talent revamp - yawn.  Just no real pull.
Mostly agree.  I would rank the expansions in this order in terms of interest:

1.  Lich King
2.  BC
3.  Cataclysm
4.  Mists
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

The game's just getting old. Cata dungeons are more accessible than BC, more engaging than LK, yet I haven't run any in several months. Just not that interested anymore.

Scipio

Well, I got back in due to the year pass/Diablo III deal.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Eddie Teach

You playing on any of the Languish servers?

Solmyr

Anyone know how long this annual pass will be available? I don't want to resume playing just yet, but I could in a month or so.

Lndhand

I have been leveling my druid recently.  I went from 80 to 84 and never got attacked by an ally once.  Yawn.  The new expansion looks like shit because pandas are lame as hell and another talent revamp is stupid.  Stop min max'ing the fucking game to death.  WoW needs NEW exciting content and new ideas.  Battlegrounds in their day -- awesome.  Arenas in their day -- awesome.  Flying, vehicles, and Wintergrasp -- awesome.  Cata blew chunks, and the new expansion doesn't excite me either.  I am buying Skyrim today and if it is good, WoW sub is getting cancelled again.     
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.