And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2011, 10:00:52 AM
can you say Illidan's glaives?

They are legen- wait for it- dary. So not usable from what I've heard.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2011, 10:00:52 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 23, 2011, 05:08:12 PM
So I read that WoW is going to allow you to alter the looks of your gear to look like any other set.

I'm tempted to come back just to have all my gear look like the Black Mageweave set on my mage...

It's not technically any other gear set - only any other gear set you own. To address the issue of storage, you will also be able to store your unused gear in a special vault which will cost gold to deposit or withdraw stuff with - so would be useful for storing your old gear you then can use to modify the looks of your current gear. I can see the market booming again for cool-looking low level gear crafters. And also you can expect people to start farming old raid instances - can you say Illidan's glaives?

Just wonderful for people who already deleted old gear to make space.

Jaron

You going to come back soon, CC? :)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

I finally found a guild so big, I can't possibly be kicked out.  Nobody'll notice me  :P

Eddie Teach

You joined Evolve right? I noticed you. My mage is in that guild, got tired of guild invite spam so I gave in.  :(

Wish there was someone else in Languish Guild so I could get invites for my unguilded characters.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jaron on August 29, 2011, 01:14:39 AM
You going to come back soon, CC? :)

No, especially not in the summer months.  Too many other fun things to do.  Maybe when the weather turns crappy. But if I am able to go skiing again I doubt I will be back at all.  Basically as my health continues to improve (knock on wood) I feel less inclined to fill my time playing WoW.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 29, 2011, 06:02:06 AM
You joined Evolve right? I noticed you. My mage is in that guild, got tired of guild invite spam so I gave in.  :(

Heh, yeah.

I'd have kept Languish guild, but was tired of being the only person trying to level it.  Evolve tripped 20 this weekend, I think.

Eddie Teach

Does a single person in winning bgs give the guild experience?   :hmm:  Pretty much the only shot it has at leveling if my rogue(and potentially warlock) are the only semi-active characters.

Eddie Teach

Ahhh, AV weekend. Right now I am definitely enjoying this game less than I was last Thursday. But hey, I got my paladin leveled up from 83 and with ~2500 resilience. So all that misery was good for something I guess. :unsure:

Sophie Scholl

I love AV.  Tons of xp, honor, and rep.  Plus the mix of pve and pvp elements is fun in my opinion.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than say.... Eye of the Storm or Warsong Gulch.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

Normally, I like AV ok, when it has the aforementioned pvp elements. But after riding through to sit and watch a tower burn, then ride on to the boss 50+ times in one weekend, it kinda wears thin. The matches where turtles happened and we ended up with massive zerg fights between Stonehearth and Stormpike weren't all that fun to heal either, it felt like I was playing whack-a-mole with health bars instead of watching what players were doing.

Eye of the Storm and Warsong Gulch are both lots more fun than AV imo, just not on a fresh 85 in quest greens.  :P

KRonn

I did a bunch of AV battle grounds this weekend, mainly on my paladin healer. I got a lot of honor for badly needed upgrades too. Often fast matches with good honor amounts, but I enjoy the pvp/battling too, so I don't mind when there's an occasional long drawn out match, win or lose.

Eddie Teach

Got Wrecking Ball on my dk today.  :cool: In Strand of all places. Course we lost anyway.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 29, 2011, 08:30:39 PM
I love AV.  Tons of xp, honor, and rep.  Plus the mix of pve and pvp elements is fun in my opinion.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than say.... Eye of the Storm or Warsong Gulch.

Yuck, AV.  That thing's been broken so many times.  Now it's just a straight race.  And to think, it could be so much better.

I prefer the pitched battles of control like Eye and the Basin.

CountDeMoney

Man, talk about finding a gold mine: your own bank.

Mad about 2800g this weekend just selling off lowbie shit in the bank I've had in there for years.