The Occupy Movement - First Impressions.

Started by mongers, December 24, 2011, 02:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on February 16, 2012, 08:35:30 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 16, 2012, 07:45:14 PM
From the sounds of that 'reasoning' her problems go beyond simple paranoia all the way to full-blown paranoid schizophrenia. :wacko:

Only another crazy person would see reason in that non-sense.  If it wasn't that, she'd latch on to something else or make up something of her own.

Oh, and I'm not crazy enough to see any reason in that.
You should look into staying that way.
PDH!

mongers

I'm still sort of involved in my local group, they're currently occupying an community arts centre that's slated for demolition by the council, which seems somewhat worthwhile. 

But, man I had a laugh this evening, I introduced myself to someone I'd had a couple of 'debates' with on facebook about 'Freeman of the Land' stuff, he shook my hand realised who I was and walked away saying I was unawake and a unbeliever, or some such magic warding words.  :D

Then we got into a debate outside with a couple of other people, about the effectiveness(not) of the FOTL and he got a bit uppity, complaining I'd blocked him on facebook and apparently, and this struck me as somewhat paranoid, that because I only had one well known friend, a couple of other people without avatars and all the rest of my 'friends' were occupy people, this meant he had me marked down as "an infiltrator"    :lol:

I couldn't stop laughing as I walked away, who knew people in real life weren't ready for Languish style debating.  :hmm:

Incidentally, I may have intentionally stirred the pot a bit with the cranky ones, as I've let slip I 'know of two or three people in 'international intelligence agencies', it should be interesting what reactions that produces. I guess my serious point is I'm trying to get over the idea that you have to just trust people and take them at face value rather than all of this paranoia bullshit.

On a more serious note, one of the people there is in a fair bit of trouble with her council tax, and she's going to court and will be relying on the FOTL crap to help her save her.:bleeding:
I spent a some time  trying to get he to go the the Citiizen's Advice Bureau, where she'll get some practical, useful legal advice. Sad for her when it all goes wrong, but at least if she persists with the FOTL crap and comes unstuck it might show to the other vulnerable ones that is just utter bullshit.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on February 29, 2012, 05:19:37 PM
Incidentally, I may have intentionally stirred the pot a bit with the cranky ones, as I've let slip I 'know of two or three people in 'international intelligence agencies', it should be interesting what reactions that produces.

That's sorta like walking into a head job with a buzz cut, suit and tie, and asking where you could purchase some "marijuana cigarettes".

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2012, 05:59:15 PM
Incidentally, I may have intentionally stirred the pot a bit with the cranky ones, as I've let slip I 'know of two or three people in 'international intelligence agencies', it should be interesting what reactions that produces.

That's sorta like walking into a head job with a buzz cut, suit and tie, and asking where you could purchase some "marijuana cigarettes".

And you think that wasn't my intention. :D

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

an community arts centre that's slated for demolition by the council, which seems somewhat worthwhile. 

:yes:

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 29, 2012, 07:10:33 PM
an community arts centre that's slated for demolition by the council, which seems somewhat worthwhile. 

:yes:

Ha ha, you knew what I meant.

mongers

More splintering in my local group, there now appears to be a new occupy site set up in a traffic island that involves some that the rest of the group have ostracised.   :hmm:

edit:
details here, though I'm not sure how much 'sense' this makes:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-17325102

Occupy Bournemouth group stage university protest

The Occupy protesters were evicted from outside the Bournemouth Council offices in November 2011

Protesters from the Occupy movement have set up camp at Bournemouth University demanding a meeting with its chancellor, UK Supreme Court President, Lord Nicholas Phillips.

The group say they want to speak to Lord Phillips who became chancellor in 2009, about the eviction of protesters from St Paul's Cathedral in London.

One protester said they wanted "access to his legal knowledge".

But the university has pledged to take legal action if they do not leave.

Occupy Bournemouth arrived at the university's Talbot campus on Friday and set up several tents.

One protester, Gary Sherborne from Boscombe, said: "Perhaps by occupying the land that he is the figurehead of we're hoping we might get access to his legal knowledge.

"There are current and desperate issues that need to be faced, it's the only way we can get access to some of the law lords."

He added that the group would stay at the campus "for as long as it takes".

A university spokesman said: "This protest is not connected with Bournemouth University.

"We have asked the demonstrators to leave the university grounds. If they do not respond to this request, we will have to take legal action.

"Our primary concern is the well-being and safety of our staff and students."

edit2:
I think it's little more than three people on a traffic isle.

Tamas

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: mongers on March 10, 2012, 05:44:18 PM
More splintering in my local group, there now appears to be a new occupy site set up in a traffic island that involves some that the rest of the group have ostracised.   :hmm:

The People's Liberation Front of Palestine are a bunch of splitters!!!

Syt

And here I thought the Occupy Kiel camp was a miserable sight.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Darth Wagtaros

I'll start worrying when I see a sign demanding the return of New Coke.
PDH!

Admiral Yi

mongers

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 12, 2012, 01:20:04 PM
I'll start worrying when I see a sign demanding the return of New Coke.

I think one of the non-members, an American woman* who sometimes turns up, must have been complaining about that, as every time one was chatting she'd cut right across you in mid-sentence a la a cokehead.

*unlike ones caricature here, I'm predisposed to like Americans, more specifically woman of a certain age, and she's the first one who've I ever found annoying or failed to get on well with.