News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars The Old Republic Roll Call

Started by Berkut, December 20, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

No idea. When I picked up my Level 50 tank it played fine on Ilum. When I previously tried (before many changes) it was MUCH tougher there. Have you tried switching up your companion to tank, healer, or damage? Have you checked if your companion has a weapon (they scale so actual weapon doesn't matter, but I seem to recall that if you give them no weapon they suck).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on December 22, 2015, 03:17:43 PM
I fired up a lvl 28 jedi knight I had lying around, and went out adventuring.  This character hasn't been touched for months and months, so was levelled up under the old, harder experience.

I found combat was not simply an exercise in face-rolling.  I even died a couple of times.

I wonder if the reason I found everything so easy on my trooper was because I had out-levelled everything? :unsure:

My main is a Jedi Knight, but I leveled her under the old system too. No issues besides things dying slowly. You can't really out-level stuff anymore (well, just by 2-6 levels until you reach the planet level cap) so it must be something else.

I'd check the influence level of your companion. Maybe it's still low and you need to earn some influence (which is very easy to do nowadays). Level 10 should be enough to handle almost anything.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on December 22, 2015, 03:59:28 PM
Did you have a companion with you?

Yes, I had T7.  And yes, T7 had a weapon.

It's not that combat was hard by any stretch - it just wasn't face-rollingly easy.

ANd yes while there is a planetary level cap, for the last 15-20 levels I was always at that cap, which meant mobs were always 3-4 levels beneath me.  But with that Jedi I was fighting enemies the same level as I.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Hmmm. Interesting. I was fighting stuff around my own level, which at the time was 47-50. Nothing was even a little bit hard. I think I died once because I dozed off.

0 rows returned

katmai

So sick of the Berkie i'm so leet brags. :rolleyes: :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Hey Beeb only have your trooper's name, so if playing someone else let me know :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on December 22, 2015, 05:09:23 PM

If it was all about me being awesome, that would be one thing.

But I have no idea what I am doing, barely have a coherent rotation, and my gear is all level 45ish crap.

I have no doubt that if I stepped into PvP, I would get completely owned.

I am actually hoping that the level 50+ content gets a bit harder.

I remember playing this back when you had to actually coordinate to get through a flashpoint. That was fun!

0 rows returned

celedhring

Quote from: Berkut on December 23, 2015, 10:00:36 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 22, 2015, 05:09:23 PM

If it was all about me being awesome, that would be one thing.

But I have no idea what I am doing, barely have a coherent rotation, and my gear is all level 45ish crap.

I have no doubt that if I stepped into PvP, I would get completely owned.

I am actually hoping that the level 50+ content gets a bit harder.

I remember playing this back when you had to actually coordinate to get through a flashpoint. That was fun!

Flashpoints are actually more difficult nowadays, since they no longer enforce the trinity when making groups through the group finder.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on December 22, 2015, 10:44:39 PM
Hey Beeb only have your trooper's name, so if playing someone else let me know :P

Will do.

I may be on a Christmas break for the next few days though.  We'll see.

celedhring

What server do you new-worlders play in? Might create a character there and say hello.

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on December 23, 2015, 10:58:48 AM
What server do you new-worlders play in? Might create a character there and say hello.

Katmai and I are on The Harbinger, West coast PvE.

Syt

I'm in chapter IX of the new expansion. I'm not sure I like it. I understand why they're creating a new threat that forces Republic and Empire to work together (1 story line is easier to manage than 2 or 8), and while it's an interesting story with interesting characters, it doesn't feel like Star Wars much, or even like taking place in the same universe. It's a continuation of Shadows of Revan, but it feels very disconnected and generic to me, and the storyline might as well be set in the Dragon Age world (if you replace technical gubbins with magical weapons) or Mass Effect. Then again I never cared much for Star Wars stories where an outside threat shows up and takes over the galaxy (be it Ssi-Ruuk or Yuuzhan Vong).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Actually to me it's the most Star Wars SWTOR has felt to me. It's a family drama with a powerful family of Force-sensitives torn between the dark side and the light side. The family element has always been kinda missing from TOR, while always been a strong element in EU stories and of course the films themselves.

It does feel disconnected from Shadow of Revan, it's a reboot of the storyline (that's why [spoiler]you wake up several years in the future[/spoiler]). But Shadow of Revan was really weak and I feel okay with them scrapping it.

What I really dislike about the new expansion is how side missions are no longer fully voiced.

celedhring

Incidentally, what they have done with this expansion is pretty much turn SWTOR into a Telltale game with some mobs in between the dialogue scenes. Which I'm very much into, but might not be everyone's cup of tea.