News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars The Old Republic Roll Call

Started by Berkut, December 20, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I suppose it wasn't the best of ideas to continue playing now with character I brought to max level at game launch and never really played again until a few weeks ago. :lol:

I knew about the Dread Masters (you meet them as Sith Warrior on Belsavis).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

They need to improve the bread crumbs for some of their main storylines. It probably worked when they released the content first, one piece after the other, but I missed bits of the DM story when I first played and had to google and look for the proper order in which to play some planets or quest chains.

For example, the SoR storyline is foreshadowed in Dromund Kaas, where as an Imperial you have a series of quests in which you infiltrate the Revanite cult. In these you end up meeting the leader of the Revanite cult, who you will encounter again in Yavin.

Syt

It has me more curious about the other class stories, as they tie into one another and together should provide a full narrative.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

The Jedi Knight story is pretty important for the full narrative, if you haven't finished it. Same with the Sith Warrior one, but you have done that already.

Trooper seemed more encapsulated.

Solmyr

I suspect I'll be going on a SWTOR gaming marathon over the holidays due to TFA. :unsure:

celedhring

Actually, I thought that [spoiler]the political situation in TFA is pretty much the same as in TOR. A "Cold War" between the Republic and the Empire, with the Republic fomenting insurgence inside Imperial territory.[/spoiler] (Force Awakens mild spoilers).

Barrister

Quote from: Solmyr on December 18, 2015, 11:25:01 AM
I suspect I'll be going on a SWTOR gaming marathon over the holidays due to TFA. :unsure:

I switched the window out of general chat, and over to the in-game dialogue, and everything seems to be working fine (and no general chat!).

Thanks for the reminder to do so though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Yeah, I switched off general chat since some twats were spoiling the film.

Berkut

Started playing a little again.

Kind of hard to understand the changes though, and I hate trying to decipher a new combat rotation with a high level character when you have no idea what works because you haven't played in forever, and they changed everything six times.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Just finished up the end of Chapter 3 and the original storyline.  Quite satisfactory. 

But... So where do I go from here?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2015, 01:38:59 AM
Just finished up the end of Chapter 3 and the original storyline.  Quite satisfactory. 

But... So where do I go from here?

I guess you'd do the story in order - Ilum, Hutt Cartel, Interlude, Revan, Interlude, Hidden Empire? Be ready to do quite a few solo flashpoints, though (they're mostly not hard but can be tedious, but some of them are story relevant, and especially Revan doesn't progress you without finishíng the flashpoints).

@Berkut: I was in a similar situation with my tanky original character. I think if you re-arrange your talents and check your skills you will find a new rotation soon. Also, combat is MUCH more forgiving now, and companions are very powerful, so you have a huge margin of error without getting into major trouble in fights. If you play a high endurance character and set your companion on Heal, you have barely any downtime between combats.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

updated my video drivers and now using taxis I keep getting BSOD so haven't played much past week.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

They are running a double XP event these holidays, I think I'm going to seize the chance and level a couple of characters using class missions only.

Syt

I've finished Ziost and started the new expansion. I liked that on Ziost, the voice of the Emperor was the actor who played Pinhead in the Hellraiser movies. :lol:

Liking the new expansion so far. I'm trying to continue my Sith Warrior in character as I've played her so far. In the preceding story you have little choice - [spoiler]you will always be Baras' apprentice who gets betrayed by him and has revenge in the end, after which you are the Wrath of the Emperor. And similarly with the following expansions. However, you can color your character through dialogue - are you power hungry and egotistic or a loyal servant of Emperor and Empire? I played very consistently the latter - ruthless against enemies, but always putting the Emperor and the Empire before self interest, where Emperor and Empire are synonymous. With the events of Shadow of Revan this changes, and basically your ties to the Emperor are severed.[/spoiler]

The new expansion now [spoiler]has the Emperor offering you a place in his new order, and you have to choose (or at least get the illusion of choice) between him or the "old" Sith Empire in the beginning as he tries to convince you of joining him. Again, I'm sticking with the latter - the Emperor has betrayed the Sith Empire and its ideals, and while I, as a player, may think him the lesser of the two evil, or at least a tantalizing chance for an end to conflict, at this point I feel my character and the way I played her so far would still reject him and try to rebuild the Sith Empire in all its glory. I'm looking forward to seeing where this is headed. At any rate, it's a pretty personal story at this point of a loyal servant getting betrayed by her master (again), as the last expansion already built on this conflict between the seemingly insane Emperor and his (former) enforcer.[/spoiler]
—Stephen Jay Gould

Berkut

I finished the Sith Warrior basic storyline, so that is the first one I've done.

The combat is so stupidly easy now. I finished the ultimate fight, the culmination of the entire arc, without ever dropping below 96% health. It took about 20 seconds.

What is the meat of the game now, other than just blasting through the storylines?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned