News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Audit: Review of Solyndra 'rushed'

The Treasury's review of the $535 million federal loan guarantee to Solyndra happened in about one day in 2009.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/74826.html
QuoteThe Treasury Department's review of Solyndra's $535 million federal loan guarantee was "rushed" through in about one day in March 2009, "based on an expedited review request from DOE so that a press release could be issued," according to a Treasury inspector general report that gives further evidence of the early Obama administration's eagerness to announce progress in funding clean energy.
The report, issued Tuesday, also quotes internal Treasury documents that portray the Energy Department as being under pressure to get the loan agreement out the door.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 03:03:26 PM
One of the hallmarks of adulthood is dealing with problems instead of hoping they go away.

Unfortunately for the GOP, women aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2012, 03:09:31 PM

This post gave me an idea: a site that measures a person's degree of partisanship by the jokes they find funny.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 03:14:56 PM

This post gave me an idea: a site that measures a person's degree of partisanship by the jokes they find funny.

Make it!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 03:14:56 PM

"Transvaginal ultrasound" gets funnier every time I hear it.

Phillip V

Romney now beating Santorum by 5 points in Pennsylvania for first poll taken this April. The former Senator's home state votes in less than 3 weeks. Can Romney stop Santorum from dragging on into May and June?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/pa/pennsylvania_republican_presidential_primary-1594.html

Caliga

Santorum isn't going to withdraw from the race.  I don't think Gingrich and Paul will either.  They're in it to the bitter, crazy end.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

I think Santorum is pinning all his hopes on Pennsylvania somehow turning things around for him.  But it looks like it'll be his Waterloo.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

Santorum seems determined to sabotage Romney like Regan sabotaged Ford.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Kleves

Quote from: Viking on April 04, 2012, 08:19:21 AM
He needs somebody that will make the pastors in the many evangelical mega churches want to encourage their flock to vote.
Isn't that "somebody" Obama? Seems to me like Romney's going to need someone with some foreign policy cred.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2012, 03:20:12 PM
"Transvaginal ultrasound" gets funnier every time I hear it.

The funny part about it is that the very same people who sue to prove the gubmint can 'regulate inactivity" and force someone to buy insurance whether they want it or not argue that the gubmint can, indeed, "regulate inactivity" and force other people to get an ultrasound whether they want it or not.

And those morons don't even see how funny it is.  They are completely unable to see hypocrisy when they are the ones engaged in it.  That's some funny shit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: Kleves on April 05, 2012, 10:48:49 AM
He needs somebody that will make the pastors in the many evangelical mega churches want to encourage their flock to vote.
Isn't that "somebody" Obama? Seems to me like he's going to need someone with some foreign policy cred.

The impression that I'm getting is that conservative christians would rather not vote than vote for a heathen like Romney.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on April 05, 2012, 10:50:53 AM
The funny part about it is that the very same people who sue to prove the gubmint can 'regulate inactivity" and force someone to buy insurance whether they want it or not argue that the gubmint can, indeed, "regulate inactivity" and force other people to get an ultrasound whether they want it or not.

Not all of them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on April 05, 2012, 10:52:50 AM
Isn't that "somebody" Obama? Seems to me like he's going to need someone with some foreign policy cred.

The impression that I'm getting is that conservative christians would rather not vote than vote for a heathen like Romney.

Is that your impression or your hope?

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2012, 10:54:28 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 05, 2012, 10:52:50 AM

Is that your impression or your hope?

Impression.