News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2012, 05:24:58 AM
In my ongoing series of observations about differences between the American right and left:

it's very common to hear "if [Democratic Dude] does such and such he will be crucified by the right," but I have yet to hear "if [Republican Dude] does such and such he will be crucified by the left."

Really?  Do you have hearing problem?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2012, 10:33:53 PM
I'm not a fundy, but I'm not fond of female ministers to begin with.
She was a pretty bad minister, point in fact. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Crucifixion is reactionary. The Left prefers firing squads.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2012, 05:49:38 AM
Really!

I googled "If a Republican tried" and got someone saying just that.  First hit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

What I think is somewhat common is the formulation "if a Republican *had* done what this Democrat just did..."   What I think is less common/nonexistent is "if a Republican does this [in the future]..."

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2012, 06:45:38 AM
What I think is somewhat common is the formulation "if a Republican *had* done what this Democrat just did..."   What I think is less common/nonexistent is "if a Republican does this [in the future]..."

I think I'm missing your point here.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 07:21:04 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2012, 06:45:38 AM

Yi's doing his passive-aggressive thing again.  Figured you'd learn by now, I Am Sam.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 06, 2012, 06:14:19 AM
Crucifixion is reactionary. The Left prefers firing squads.

:yes:
Both sides however are happy to use camps.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2012, 07:25:05 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 07:21:04 AM

The tense.

1. What is the real difference here?  I still don't understand why that's particularly important.

2. Do you have oodles of examples of the opposite happening?

To put it more succinctly, what is the point to all this?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 07:38:29 AM
1. What is the real difference here?  I still don't understand why that's particularly important.

2. Do you have oodles of examples of the opposite happening?

To put it more succinctly, what is the point to all this?

"What is the point of all this" is not a succint way of putting "do you have oodles of examples of the opposite happening."

I don't have a point.  Just an observation.

Or to put it more succintly, your #2 doesn't fit in with the rest of your post.

Razgovory

2. would be part of your observation.  Are you observing oodles of examples of the opposite happening?  If so, give me some of these examples.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 07:45:57 AM
2. would be part of your observation.  Are you observing oodles of examples of the opposite happening?  If so, give me some of these examples.

What for?  If you want to think it's not true I could give a shit.

Phillip V

Imagine if the Democratic primaries/caucuses in 2008 had been Clinton and Obama trying to prove and continually say that each (and not the other) was the "True Liberal" in the race. :D