News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on February 20, 2012, 12:44:51 PM

I think what is convincing me to just plain give up on the Republicans is not so much that they seem to care about all this bullshit, but that they STILL seem to care, even after it is clear that caring about stupid shit like this is a big part of why there is a pretty boy Dem in the White House.

And they won't let it go. I used to think that it was a mostly harmless quirk, something to be ignored while focusing on the "meat" of the issues. But now I am realizing that for many in the Republican Party, bullshit like this IS the meat, and the other stuff is the distractions to be ignored or only examined once the candidates bona fides as a fundy religious fruit cake are well and truly established.

The other day I read something about Santorum noting that the belief birth control is immoral is only held by something like 15-20% of Americans. Which struck me as a crazy high number, but if it is true, you have to think they will almost all be republicans, so they are 30-40% of the party. Then you factor in primaries and especially caucuses having low turnouts that draw the more ideological members, and we have explained the Santorum phenomena.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

I think that Berkut just let slip that he's physically attracted to Obama.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

'Santorum continued to sharpen his tone against the White House, making a World War II analogy that appeared to compare Obama to Hitler.'

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/02/20/santorum-steps-up-attacks-on-obama/

QuoteA day after saying President Barack Obama's agenda is about a "phony theology, not a theology based on the Bible," Rick Santorum continued to sharpen his tone against the White House as he spoke to some 3,000 supporters at a megachurch here.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2012, 11:32:51 AM
Quote from: ulmont on February 20, 2012, 11:15:06 AM
Damnit, Raz, when a man disavows a relationship with the Republican Party, you should just congratulate him rather than quibble.*

Congratulations, Berkut!

I figured that shit out by 1992, but some kids take longer.
Hating Poppa Bush would be like hating Mom and apple pie.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

fhdz

Quote from: Berkut on February 20, 2012, 09:48:40 AM
At this time I am going to simply disavow any actual relationship with the Republican Fucking Party.

Yeah.
and the horse you rode in on

Neil

Quote from: fahdiz on February 20, 2012, 01:33:54 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 20, 2012, 09:48:40 AM
At this time I am going to simply disavow any actual relationship with the Republican Fucking Party.

Yeah.
I wonder what he'll do  if Santorum wins a general election?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

fhdz

Quote from: Neil on February 20, 2012, 01:46:07 PM

Who cares what *he'll* do? My eyes will be bugging out of my skull.
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on February 20, 2012, 01:16:13 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2012, 11:32:51 AM
Quote from: ulmont on February 20, 2012, 11:15:06 AM
Damnit, Raz, when a man disavows a relationship with the Republican Party, you should just congratulate him rather than quibble.*

Congratulations, Berkut!

I figured that shit out by 1992, but some kids take longer.
Hating Poppa Bush would be like hating Mom and apple pie.

Poppy rolled over on the Chinese at Tiananmen Square like, well, a Chinese tank at Tiananmen Square.

Oh, and he backed the wrong horse in Moscow, when it was obvious Boris was the new hottness.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Neil on February 20, 2012, 01:46:07 PM

Hopefully annex Canada so you have to share in our misfortune.

Oh, I meant Santorum and not Berkut, obviously.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2012, 01:58:42 PM
Poppy rolled over on the Chinese at Tiananmen Square like, well, a Chinese tank at Tiananmen Square.
Nobody cares about Chinese people.
QuoteOh, and he backed the wrong horse in Moscow, when it was obvious Boris was the new hottness.
Did that matter?  Whoever the US supports to govern Russia was irrelevant, is irrelevant and always will be irrelevant.  Poppy Bush could have backed Dorsey in Russia, and they still would have ended up with a Putin.

Neil

The United Santorum States can't annex Canada.  Jesusism as a government is forbidden here.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on February 20, 2012, 04:08:43 PM
The United Santorum States can't annex Canada.  Jesusism as a government is forbidden here.

Which is really strange since the american paper says jesusism as a government is banned but in canada jesusism is part of government and the head of state is a jeususist and justifies her continued role as head of state on jesusist grounds.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on February 20, 2012, 04:34:20 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 20, 2012, 04:08:43 PM
Which is really strange since the american paper says jesusism as a government is banned but in canada jesusism is part of government and the head of state is a jeususist and justifies her continued role as head of state on jesusist grounds.
Wrong.  She's a monarch, not a god.

Ed Anger

The Ohio atty general mike dewine(a decent guy) switched from underpants to god boy. A minor kerfuffle has ensued.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

What sort of kerfuffle? Any salacious details?