News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Michigan race between Romney and Santorum appears to be tightening through Romney's so-far positive ads.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/02/ppp-santorum-romney-in-michigan-114975.html

Eddie Teach

I like how Protestants are backing the Catholic while Catholics are backing the cultist.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

At this time I am going to simply disavow any actual relationship with the Republican Fucking Party.

I am so sick of listening to their crazy fundamentalist bullshit. Christians are under attack? Really? You are seriously going to go with that, in 2012, in the United States of America?

Done. Done. And fucking done.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Berkut on February 20, 2012, 09:48:40 AM
I am so sick of listening to their crazy fundamentalist bullshit. Christians are under attack? Really? You are seriously going to go with that, in 2012, in the United States of America?

Well, yeah, they've already lost the battle, they just don't know it yet.

CountDeMoney

At this time I am going to simply disavow any actual relationship with the Republican Fucking Party.

Razgovory

Did it make more sense to you back in 1994?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

ulmont

Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2012, 10:48:38 AM

Did it make more sense to you back in 1994?

Damnit, Raz, when a man disavows a relationship with the Republican Party, you should just congratulate him rather than quibble.*

Congratulations, Berkut!

*Later you can ask Berkut what it will take to get him to avow a relationship with the Democratic Party.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2012, 09:54:14 AM

I don't get it.

0 rows returned

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on February 20, 2012, 11:15:06 AM
Damnit, Raz, when a man disavows a relationship with the Republican Party, you should just congratulate him rather than quibble.*

Congratulations, Berkut!

I figured that shit out by 1992, but some kids take longer.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2012, 11:32:51 AM
Quote from: ulmont on February 20, 2012, 11:15:06 AM

Congratulations, Berkut!

You are so chock full of shit...but that is why we love you so.

0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2012, 11:32:51 AM

Seems to me nowadays you're rich enough to be a Republican.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2012, 05:46:58 PM
He's making it an easier slam dunk for Obama than if Palin was running.

So 8 years after Bush vs. Kerry, it's still about fags not being allowed to marry? If only Republicans had but one neck.

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on February 20, 2012, 12:04:54 PM

So 8 years after Bush vs. Kerry, it's still about fags not being allowed to marry? If only Republicans had but one neck.

Pfft, that was so 2004. Santorum has diversified. Now it is also about women not using birth control, no more prenatal screens that might give information that could prompt someone to choose to have an abortion, and no more man on dog action (or equivalent acts, such as sex for purposes other than procreation). 
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

Quote from: alfred russel on February 20, 2012, 12:16:59 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 20, 2012, 12:04:54 PM

Pfft, that was so 2004. Santorum has diversified. Now it is also about women not using birth control, no more prenatal screens that might give information that could prompt someone to choose to have an abortion, and no more man on dog action (or equivalent acts, such as sex for purposes other than procreation). 

I think what is convincing me to just plain give up on the Republicans is not so much that they seem to care about all this bullshit, but that they STILL seem to care, even after it is clear that caring about stupid shit like this is a big part of why there is a pretty boy Dem in the White House.

And they won't let it go. I used to think that it was a mostly harmless quirk, something to be ignored while focusing on the "meat" of the issues. But now I am realizing that for many in the Republican Party, bullshit like this IS the meat, and the other stuff is the distractions to be ignored or only examined once the candidates bona fides as a fundy religious fruit cake are well and truly established.

0 rows returned