News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on January 10, 2012, 12:00:00 AM
But, seriously, there is something wrong with perving presidential daughters. .... Presidential daughters (and sons) are to be seen obscene and not heard absurd ...

Fixed, the Languish Way.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: dps on January 10, 2012, 06:16:28 AM
The problem I have with what you're saying is that it almost goes in the opposite direction--if we accept your POV, we might end up coming close to saying that Presidential daughters have a station in life that puts them above being checked out by normal guys like us (OK, granted there's not much normal about a lot of us ;)  ). 

The problem with this approach is that it assumes that all daughters everywhere have an equal chance of ending up with their pictures so publicly available, and so ignoring presidential daughters would make them different from all other daughters.  That is clearly not the case.

I see no harm in the occasional comparison of wives/daughters/pets/sons/cars/whatever of the candidates, like we see here.  The near-stalking of such family members that we hear about occasionally is pretty creepy, though.  I agree that the press should be hands off on the non-adult kids of public figures, and by and large it is.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Phillip V

It seems we have a competitive race for second place between Paul and Huntsman while Santorum and Gingrich fight it out for fourth place.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_presidential_primary-1581.html

garbon

I liked when I came in this morning there was a bit about New Hampshire and how the first votes were in - 2 for Romney and 2 for Huntsman. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

'Mitt Romney is now the only candidate that a majority of conservative and moderate/liberal Republicans nationwide see as an acceptable GOP nominee for president. Conservative Republicans are more likely to say this about Romney than about either Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum.'

http://www.gallup.com/poll/151961/Majority-Conservatives-Romney-Acceptable.aspx

jimmy olsen

1.3% of the vote in.

http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results

Mitt Romney: 859
Ron Paul: 652
Jon Huntsman: 342
Newt Gingrich: 266
Rick Santorum: 264
Write-ins: 13
Buddy Roemer: 9
Fred Karger: 9
Rick Perry: 7
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

I'd like to see the night end with Romney 40%+ and Paul 25%+ :)

jimmy olsen

3.7% in

Lol, Rick Perry
Mitt Romney: 4,380
Ron Paul: 2,859
Jon Huntsman: 1,724
Newt Gingrich: 1,387
Rick Santorum: 1,221
Rick Perry: 73
Buddy Roemer: 49
Michele Bachmann: 18
Herman Cain: 9

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

I just clicked on that link and Perry has, alas, overtaken Roemer :(

I think I'll be watching this on Fox.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

4.7% in

Romney: 36.6%
Ron Paul: 24.6%
Jon Huntsman: 14.7%
Newt Gingrich: 11.5%
Rick Santorum: 10.1%
Rick Perry: .7%

By the way here's an even better website
http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/Primary/NH

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

6.6% in

Romney: 35.9%
Ron Paul: 25.3%
Jon Huntsman: 15%
Newt Gingrich: 11.1%
Rick Santorum: 10%

1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

So the people who want constant updates can just click that link?  :w00t:

Sheilbh

I wonder what substance Shep Smith is made of :mellow:

Fox have decided that shouting is a way to get excitement going.  'We start RIGHT NOW!'

Edit:  Gloriously apocalyptic music moment though.
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2012, 07:54:08 PM
So the people who want constant updates can just click that link?  :w00t:
Sure, but then you lose the benefit of my lovely commentary. ;)

10.3% in

Romney: 35.5%
Ron Paul: 25%
Jon Huntsman: 16.2%
Newt Gingrich: 10.9%
Rick Santorum: 9.9.%

1 Karma Chameleon point