GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 09, 2012, 10:30:59 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 09, 2012, 08:08:32 PM
Sydney Perry

Wait, that's the same girl?

Why don't you tell me again about "how hot" the Photoshopped aspiring model was in that yearbook photo, you cackling cacophony of ignominious ineptitude!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

That first Perry Girl pic looks like Minka Kelly the second looks like Cathy Bates. Says alot about make up and photographers.

But, seriously, there is something wrong with perving presidential daughters. They didn't ask to be in the spotlight and as long as they don't leverage their "fame" ala Meghan McCain. Presidential daughters (and sons) are to be seen and not heard and if they are adults they can be expected to mouth campaign slogans from time to time but I think they still deserve their privacy. Their fathers are president, they are not. They are not public figures. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Oh, shut it.  :lol:

This is directed at Ide, not Viking.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Viking on January 10, 2012, 12:00:00 AM
That first Perry Girl pic looks like Minka Kelly the second looks like Cathy Bates. Says alot about make up and photographers.

Man, I think that's a little messed up, and I was considering a joke about the Santorum kids asking which one was the miscarriage.

I think she's prettier in the more candid picture.  The first one is fake looking as shit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

They didn't ask to be in the spotlight and as long as they don't leverage their "fame" ala Meghan McCain.

Is there an end to this sentence somewhere?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 10, 2012, 12:01:47 AM

Oh I'd say the same statement to Viking on the whole "they didn't ask to be in the spotlight so there is something wrong about pervving on them".
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on January 10, 2012, 12:05:44 AM
They didn't ask to be in the spotlight and as long as they don't leverage their "fame" ala Meghan McCain.

Is there an end to this sentence somewhere?

I agree, grammar fail on my part.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2012, 12:07:27 AM

Oh I'd say the same statement to Viking on the whole "they didn't ask to be in the spotlight so there is something wrong about pervving on them".

Maybe it's my Eurofaggity anti-puritanism telling me that normal people should only be perved normally (ie not in the press), or it's my Atlantomacho anti-royalism telling me that who your dad is makes no difference to wether and how I'm going to perve a chick, or it's my own homegrown anti-kiddypervingism that remembers that Sasha and Malia Obama are 10 and 13 years old iirc.

If you want to be a public figure you don't get to claim protection of privacy, but if you are just related to a public figure you should be left alone.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on January 10, 2012, 12:15:42 AM
Maybe it's my Eurofaggity anti-puritanism telling me that normal people should only be perved normally (ie not in the press), or it's my Atlantomacho anti-royalism telling me that who your dad is makes no difference to wether and how I'm going to perve a chick, or it's my own homegrown anti-kiddypervingism that remembers that Sasha and Malia Obama are 10 and 13 years old iirc.

If you want to be a public figure you don't get to claim protection of privacy, but if you are just related to a public figure you should be left alone.

When did Languish become the press? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

When did anyone perv on the Obamas?  I mean, I'd fuck Michelle.

I was perving on Sydney Perry.  She's 24.
Kinemalogue

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: Viking on January 10, 2012, 12:15:42 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2012, 12:07:27 AM

The problem I have with what you're saying is that it almost goes in the opposite direction--if we accept your POV, we might end up coming close to saying that Presidential daughters have a station in life that puts them above being checked out by normal guys like us (OK, granted there's not much normal about a lot of us ;)  ). 

I do agree that if a Presidential daughter is underage, there's a problem with adult guys checking her out, but that's still not any different from a girl that age who's not a Presidential daughter.  And I don't see any problem with guys who are in junior high school checking out Obama's daughter.

Caliga

Dixville Notch results are in:  Romney and Huntsman tied. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Sheilbh

Quote from: Caliga on January 10, 2012, 06:25:37 AM
Dixville Notch results are in:  Romney and Huntsman tied. :cool:
HUNTSMENTUM! :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!