Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 05, 2012, 06:43:38 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 05, 2012, 06:37:37 PM
Not as judged by women.
Maybe.  They both did fine.  Though I think the 'attractiveness' of the two has been settled by the opinion of straight men far more than women.  It's overwhelmingly men who've been writing about and settling the Kennedy's reputation, in all sorts of ways, over the last 50 years.

That's because when Jack and Bobby were alive, the press core was still overwhealmingly male.

Sheilbh

Quote from: dps on January 05, 2012, 08:26:33 PM
That's because when Jack and Bobby were alive, the press core was still overwhealmingly male.
Absolutely.  So were the flamekeepers of the Kennedy myth, chances are I imagine the historians have been overwhelmingly male too and certainly the politicians who have shaped and remodelled the myth have been.
Let's bomb Russia!

Phillip V

New polls out. Gingrich has joined depressed Huntsman in New Hampshire, stagnating with single digit support. Huntsman will probably once again get drowned out in this weekend's debate and quit after losing badly next Tuesday. Santorum has broken into double digit territory, so he will be the wildcard when it comes to challenging Ron Paul for second place. Romney lead is solid.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_presidential_primary-1581.html

New poll from South Carolina in almost a month shows Romney and Santorum neck-and-neck for first. Santorum got a huge bump while Gingrich lost half his previous support. Perry is non-existent with 5%. He will have to pull a miracle to keep his campaign alive, but still has a few million dollars in the bank. Romney just started a huge advertising blitz in the state two days ago and has the endorsement of its young female governor.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/south_carolina/election_2012_south_carolina_republican_primary

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on January 06, 2012, 11:11:46 AM
Perry is non-existent with 5%. He will have to pull a miracle to keep his campaign alive, but still has a few million dollars in the bank.

He better since Texas taxpayers are paying all this money for his security detail: http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2012-presidential-election/perry-security-costs-rise/

But it is for our benefit:

Quote"I'm going to be promoting Texas," Perry said in July, as he began to traverse the country. "I'm going to be traveling to places where the Texas story needs to be told, and we will tell it."

Oh yeah Perry you are making us look awesome.  A bargain at twice the price.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2012, 11:16:35 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 06, 2012, 11:11:46 AM
Perry is non-existent with 5%. He will have to pull a miracle to keep his campaign alive, but still has a few million dollars in the bank.

He better since Texas taxpayers are paying all this money for his security detail: http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2012-presidential-election/perry-security-costs-rise/

But it is for our benefit:

Quote"I'm going to be promoting Texas," Perry said in July, as he began to traverse the country. "I'm going to be traveling to places where the Texas story needs to be told, and we will tell it."

Oh yeah Perry you are making us look awesome.  A bargain at twice the price.

Oh, it's true: everything I know of Texas, I learned from Perry.

:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

11B4V

QuoteNew poll from South Carolina in almost a month shows Romney and Santorum neck-and-neck for first.

If Santatorium has any dirty laundry, the Romney machine will fing it and crush him.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on January 06, 2012, 11:43:26 AM
QuoteNew poll from South Carolina in almost a month shows Romney and Santorum neck-and-neck for first.

If Santatorium has any dirty laundry, the Romney machine will fing it and crush him.
Santorum and dirty laundry kind of go together.

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on January 06, 2012, 11:38:58 AM
Oh, it's true: everything I know of Texas, I learned from Perry.

There were three things about Texas that needed to be told.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Phillip V

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2012, 11:46:36 AM
There were three things about Texas that needed to be told.

he he

Kleves

Paul supporters are going after Huntsman, of all people. They're running a bizarre ad depicting him as the Manchurian Candidate.
QuoteNo translator was needed to interpret Jon Huntsman's response to a pro-Ron Paul web ad that asks whether the former Utah Governor is a "Manchurian Candidate?"

"It's just stupid," Huntsman told a crowd of college students in Concord, New Hampshire Friday morning.

Following Huntsman's remarks Friday, the Paul campaign appeared to agree and called for the ad to be pulled. "The video is disgusting. Whoever put it up should remove it immediately," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said.

The web ad from the group, New Hampshire Liberty 4 Ron Paul, takes aim at Huntsman's ambassadorship in China, his ability to speak Mandarin, and even his adopted daughter, Gracie Mei, who is Chinese. The spot closes with an image of Huntsman dressed as China's communist leader Mao Zedong.

After a speech Friday, Huntsman told reporters Paul should disavow the ad.

"If the group is in any way affiliated with his organization of course he should," Huntsman said.

"It's just political campaign nonsense. It happens from time to time," he added.

In his remarks, Huntsman described how Gracie Mei was found abandoned in a vegetable market in China and taken to an orphanage shortly after she was born 12 years ago.

Gracie Mei, who is now 12, is a fixture on the Huntsman campaign. The GOP contender often endearingly refers to her as his top foreign policy adviser.

"And now she's in my family," Huntsman said.

Polls show Huntsman, Paul, Rick Santorum, and Newt Gingrich are all in a battle for second place in the upcoming New Hampshire primary.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Admiral Yi

Just read an op-ed by the Hammer of the Krauts stating that Santorum is "the logical conservative alternative to Romney."

:blink:

Also heard E. J. Dionne of the WashPost on NPR sayin Santorum has a very consistent world view that appeals to white working class Republicans.

Maybe Marty's greatest wish/nightmare will come true.

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2012, 01:28:03 PM
Just read an op-ed by the Hammer of the Krauts stating that Santorum is "the logical conservative alternative to Romney."

:blink:

Also heard E. J. Dionne of the WashPost on NPR sayin Santorum has a very consistent world view that appeals to white working class Republicans.

Maybe Marty's greatest wish/nightmare will come true.

Santorum has never even worked besides milk his post-Senate connections. He spent most of his adult life in school (till age 28) and then politics (since age 30).

Admiral Yi

OK Phil, I won't vote for him. :)