News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2012, 01:28:03 PM
Just read an op-ed by the Hammer of the Krauts stating that Santorum is "the logical conservative alternative to Romney."

:bleeding:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Quote from: Phillip V on January 06, 2012, 01:37:53 PM
Santorum has never even worked besides milk his post-Senate connections. He spent most of his adult life in school (till age 28) and then politics (since age 30).
His dad was an immigrant, his grandfather a coal miner.  He's spoken out about the need for the GOP to appeal to working class families and the like.  He's kind of tapping into that same Huckabee vibe of 'I remind people of the guys they worked with, not the guy who fired them.'  I think/hope it's the future of the Republican party.

There's a David Brooks column on it too, Yi, and Ross Douthat has this as the positive thing Santorum brought to the race (he's praising all candidates).

Newt's been attacking Romney.  I'm enjoying his work.  He really bears a grudge :mellow:

QuoteOh yeah Perry you are making us look awesome.  A bargain at twice the price.
Well.  If it helps I've kind of forgotten about Bush :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: Phillip V on January 06, 2012, 01:37:53 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2012, 01:28:03 PM
Just read an op-ed by the Hammer of the Krauts stating that Santorum is "the logical conservative alternative to Romney."

:blink:

Also heard E. J. Dionne of the WashPost on NPR sayin Santorum has a very consistent world view that appeals to white working class Republicans.

Maybe Marty's greatest wish/nightmare will come true.

Santorum has never even worked besides milk his post-Senate connections. He spent most of his adult life in school (till age 28) and then politics (since age 30).

Fascinating.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

DGuller

:hmm:  Your name is Yi, and you have a problem.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on January 06, 2012, 03:06:11 PM

As soon as the SC rules on Obamacare, I'll have a problem and 50 bucks.

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on January 06, 2012, 03:06:11 PM

No kidding.  He's gonna owe Languish like $10,000 by 2020.
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!