News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Phillip V on January 04, 2012, 07:09:20 AM
Santorum will now get the wilting frontrunner treatment that previous line of no-Romneys received. Good campaigner? He last got voted out office by almost 20%. :D

I am the 20%.  :showoff:  The 2006 Penna. elections were great fun.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on January 04, 2012, 09:24:06 PM
Quote from: Caliga on January 04, 2012, 09:10:48 PM
South Carolina appears to have an open primary. :hmm:

I'm evidently in their system, but I can't find my voter registration card.  I wonder if I need that?  I'm almost positive I didn't when I voted in the 2010 elections.

I did find an old condom.  Score?

You really should throw those away after you use them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2012, 11:35:43 PM
Quote from: Caliga on January 04, 2012, 09:10:48 PM
South Carolina appears to have an open primary. :hmm:

I'm evidently in their system, but I can't find my voter registration card.  I wonder if I need that?  I'm almost positive I didn't when I voted in the 2010 elections.

You really should throw those away after you use them.

No way, the Coney Island whitefish population is seriously endangered.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Phillip V

Quote from: Habbaku on January 04, 2012, 09:00:06 PM
Iowa isn't everything.  If he cinches South Carolina, he's back in the race.

Or he continues to split the not-Romney vote with Santorum and Gingrich, thus letting Romney skate by with a small plurality. :D

Sheilbh

Quote from: Habbaku on January 04, 2012, 09:00:06 PM
Iowa isn't everything.  If he cinches South Carolina, he's back in the race.
I think there's at least 5 more debates in which he can humiliate himself before South Carolina :)
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Romney will take it on the chin in South Carolina.  In fact, most of Teh Souf.  They really don't like him down there.

Phillip V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 05, 2012, 06:19:44 AM
Romney will take it on the chin in South Carolina.  In fact, most of Teh Souf.  They really don't like him down there.

Well they also have Rick Perry as a fellow Southerner to vote for. Huckabee won a lot of southern states. Luckily for Mitt, a lot of northern states will also be voting when the South votes, so it will balance out.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on January 05, 2012, 07:03:26 AM

Well they also have Rick Perry as a fellow Southerner to vote for.

Which is why he's not bowing out just yet.

jimmy olsen

Perry's campaign is dead. If someone besides Romney wins southern states it'll be Gingrich.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Yeah but he will smash all before him in the Western States.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 05, 2012, 07:10:18 AM
Perry's campaign is dead. If someone besides Romney wins southern states it'll be Gingrich.

Maybe.   I bet many of them don't even know he was a congressmen from the South. He certainly doesn't sound like it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 04, 2012, 06:21:18 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2012, 04:01:57 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 04, 2012, 03:50:48 PM
Murdoch himself looks to be backing Santorum :o

No way.
By the sounds of it.  He's joined Twitter.  His interesting political-ish tweets so far.  From the start of the New Year to this evening:
'Good to see santorum surging in Iowa. Regardless of policies, all debates showed principles, consistency and humility like no other.'
'Great to see alexsalmond Briton of the year. Fellow antiestablishmentarian's Econmist piece equal very good and bs!'
'Can't resist this tweet, but all Iowans think about Rick Santorum. Only candidate with genuine big vision for country.'
'Well, well! Values DO count. Santorum result pretty amazing. Policy very similar to Reagan. Now start to sound like him.'
'Paul too extreme, but right to draw attention toFed. Printing zillions can only cause inflation - the coward's way out of this mess.'
'Can understand OCW resentment of extreme inequalities, but how about fund managers only paying cap gains tax without risking a penny?'

I will open a bottle of champagne when that Aussie piece of shit finally croaks.

Martinus

It's the universe telling you to vote for Santorum.

Sheilbh

...I like Murdoch. In a way...
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

I have to wait until March 22 to vote! Sheesh, I'd rather get this over with sooner. Gingrich, or yeah Paul, are the two candidates who talk about changing things pretty heavily in Washington. Gingrich talks a good game of it at times I guess, though I tend to favor Romney so far. And Paul can just go away, too radical, but the fact he wants to change things so much is why he gets so many votes, in Iowa anyway and we'll see where else.