Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Murdoch himself looks to be backing Santorum :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 04, 2012, 03:50:48 PM

Makes sense. A long primary is good for business.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

It's a far more fun story. He even has nice-ish things to say about Paul. He really does hate the establishment.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2012, 04:01:57 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 04, 2012, 03:50:48 PM

No way.
By the sounds of it.  He's joined Twitter.  His interesting political-ish tweets so far.  From the start of the New Year to this evening:
'Good to see santorum surging in Iowa. Regardless of policies, all debates showed principles, consistency and humility like no other.'
'Great to see alexsalmond Briton of the year. Fellow antiestablishmentarian's Econmist piece equal very good and bs!'
'Can't resist this tweet, but all Iowans think about Rick Santorum. Only candidate with genuine big vision for country.'
'Well, well! Values DO count. Santorum result pretty amazing. Policy very similar to Reagan. Now start to sound like him.'
'Paul too extreme, but right to draw attention toFed. Printing zillions can only cause inflation - the coward's way out of this mess.'
'Can understand OCW resentment of extreme inequalities, but how about fund managers only paying cap gains tax without risking a penny?'

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 04, 2012, 11:15:41 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2012, 06:09:41 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2012, 04:01:57 AM
Huh, I'm surprised.  I didn't think Santorum would do that well.

Once he started sucking the evangelical cock two weeks ago, he would.

What made the evangelical cock of two weeks ago more potent than the evangelical cock of his whole life?

The one from two weeks ago was the big Megachurch endorsement in Iowa.

Razgovory

He still Catholic?  I remember some of the more religious supporters of John McCain were fairly anti-Catholic last time around.  Some guy from Texas.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Iowa isn't everything.  If he cinches South Carolina, he's back in the race.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

What would I need to do to vote in this thing? :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

South Carolina appears to have an open primary. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on January 04, 2012, 09:10:48 PM

I'm evidently in their system, but I can't find my voter registration card.  I wonder if I need that?  I'm almost positive I didn't when I voted in the 2010 elections.

I did find an old condom.  Score?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on January 04, 2012, 09:24:06 PM
Quote from: Caliga on January 04, 2012, 09:10:48 PM

I'm evidently in their system, but I can't find my voter registration card.  I wonder if I need that?  I'm almost positive I didn't when I voted in the 2010 elections.

I did find an old condom.  Score?

That's an interesting chat up line, " I've found an old condom, will you sleep with me, it'll be a pity to waste it"
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Condom use would increase my carbon footprint.  Thanks but no thanks, Exxongers.
Kinemalogue