News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Our number one foe is Iran.  We still owe them for '79.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

I'd split the difference. China is our greatest rival, Iran our greatest enemy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I see China as a rival, but not necessarily an enemy.  They may become one, but they aren't actively hostile to us.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Sounds like someone has been studying Herman Cain's geopolitical strategery map.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2012, 06:59:47 PM
Sounds like someone has been studying Herman Cain's geopolitical strategery map.

I'm a big fan of his throwing goldfish on the ground efforts.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 27, 2012, 05:02:06 PM
QuoteAppearing on CNN, Romney said Russia "is without question our number one geopolitical foe. They fight every cause for the world's worst actors. The idea that he has more flexibility in mind for Russia is very very troubling indeed."

He noted that "Russia continues to support Syria, supports Iran, has fought us with crippling sanctions we wanted to have the world put in place against Iran. Russia is not a friendly character on the world stage and for this president to be looking for greater flexibility where he doesn't have to answer to the American people in his relations with Russia is very very troubling, very alarming. This is a president who is telling us one thing and is doing something else."

Way to go, Mitt.
:wub:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 27, 2012, 05:13:27 PM
Here's my favorite non-expletive Santorum quote of the last two days:

Quote"Rights should not, cannot, be created by a government because every time government creates a right, they can take that right away, and they can force you, as you've seen with Obamacare, they can force you to do something that are against what you believe is right for you and your family. They can do things that you believe are against the tenets and teachings of your faith, and that's not what rights are all about."

To be fair, God doesn't seem to be a big proponent of healthcare.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 27, 2012, 05:20:29 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 27, 2012, 05:19:10 PM
Well, as you also hate Russia that would have brought some needed clarity...

There is only one Numbah One Foe and that is Monor China.

I'm glad he's here.  If he weren't, you and me wouldn't have anybody to yell at.  If Mono didn't exist, we'd have to invent him.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on March 27, 2012, 05:40:10 PM
I see China as a rival, but not necessarily an enemy.  They may become one, but they aren't actively hostile to us.

They're hostile to the international worker.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on March 27, 2012, 10:11:21 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 27, 2012, 05:20:29 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 27, 2012, 05:19:10 PM
Well, as you also hate Russia that would have brought some needed clarity...

There is only one Numbah One Foe and that is Monor China.

I'm glad he's here.  If he weren't, you and me wouldn't have anybody to yell at.  If Mono didn't exist, we'd have to invent him.

Maybe we did. :ph34r:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Oh no?  The half million attempts a month they make trying to get into my company's electrical grid says otherwise, retard.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2012, 12:03:16 AM

Oh no?  The half million attempts a month they make trying to get into my company's electrical grid says otherwise, retard.

They ain't shooting at us, or taking hostages.  I suspect the Israelis and French try to hack in the US computers as well.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on March 28, 2012, 12:31:21 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2012, 12:03:16 AM

They ain't shooting at us, or taking hostages.  I suspect the Israelis and French try to hack in the US computers as well.

Unless they're spoofing IPs from the mainland, I don't think so.  Most of the European hits are from Russia and former Soviet states, and Turkey.

Hell, half the PRC hits don't even try to hide where they're coming from anymore.  Their hubris is amazing.

HisMajestyBOB

Maybe it'd be less of a problem if gov't employees stopped looking at "Chinese anal sluts gangbang" websites at work.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help