News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Latest poll has Romney and Santorum at a statistical tie in Pennsylvania going into their April 24 primary. Will Pennsylvanian voters vote Santorum to death like they did in 2006?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/santorum-heading-for-a-loss-in-pennsylvania/2012/03/28/gIQA9FCBgS_blog.html

Eddie Teach

He's already dead. Tim has spoken.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Maybe Mitt Romney's oddest statement:
QuoteDon't Pick Mitt Romney As Your Child's Godfather
By Alex Klein

We all knew that the former governor of Massachusetts had flirted with pro-choice views — but not to this extent.

In an interview with Hugh Hewitt today, Mitt Romney fielded what must have been the seven millionth question about his connection to Obamacare. Why not take a swing? Mitt has a multi-million dollar campaign, a team of sharp advisers, and hours upon hours of rehearsed answers, policy platforms, soundbites, and media spin in the bag. It's the same question he's been getting every other day for the past two years. What could be the harm?
QuoteHewitt: Yesterday, the president's campaign manager said that you are the godfather of Obamacare ... if that's who you are, can you make the Democrats an offer they can't refuse to repeal it?

Romney: (laughing) That's a great idea. We counted, by the way, that Mr. Plouffe is the Rumpelstiltskin of trying to turn straw into gold. He will not be successful. I can tell you one thing. If I'm the godfather of this thing, then it gives me the right to kill it.

The nation's most honest politician strikes again.
:ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 28, 2012, 05:55:24 PM
Maybe Mitt Romney's oddest statement:
QuoteDon't Pick Mitt Romney As Your Child's Godfather
By Alex Klein

We all knew that the former governor of Massachusetts had flirted with pro-choice views — but not to this extent.

In an interview with Hugh Hewitt today, Mitt Romney fielded what must have been the seven millionth question about his connection to Obamacare. Why not take a swing? Mitt has a multi-million dollar campaign, a team of sharp advisers, and hours upon hours of rehearsed answers, policy platforms, soundbites, and media spin in the bag. It's the same question he's been getting every other day for the past two years. What could be the harm?
QuoteHewitt: Yesterday, the president's campaign manager said that you are the godfather of Obamacare ... if that's who you are, can you make the Democrats an offer they can't refuse to repeal it?

Romney: (laughing) That's a great idea. We counted, by the way, that Mr. Plouffe is the Rumpelstiltskin of trying to turn straw into gold. He will not be successful. I can tell you one thing. If I'm the godfather of this thing, then it gives me the right to kill it.

The nation's most honest politician strikes again.
:ph34r:

Maybe he means The Godfather.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Poppy Bush and Marco Rubio endorsed Romney today.

Phillip V

Race was already over last week, so late endorsements =  :zzz

Ideologue

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 28, 2012, 08:01:53 AM
Maybe it'd be less of a problem if gov't employees stopped looking at "Chinese anal sluts gangbang" websites at work.

Freedom isn't free.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

According to Ann Romney, if you unzip Mitt Romney, he's not stiff.  :hmm: I did not need to know that.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ann-romney-unzip-him-let-real-mitt-romney-170357495.html

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on April 02, 2012, 03:12:02 PM
According to Ann Romney, if you unzip Mitt Romney, he's not stiff.  :hmm: I did not need to know that.

Would you prefer it if she told you he was?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Seems like women voters are trending towards Obama.

I wonder why...  :hmm:

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on April 02, 2012, 04:47:36 PM

The Republicans brilliant strategy of bringing up birth control and over-the-top abortion requirements right at this moment probably has something to do with it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2012, 05:12:18 PM

The Republicans brilliant strategy of bringing up birth control and over-the-top abortion requirements right at this moment probably has something to do with it.

I'd expect so. I guess they shouldn't have hired derSpiess to be their women's outreach co-ordinator.

Anyhow... is this the kind of thing that Romney will be able to counteract, or is this something people will remember for a while?

DGuller

Seems like women voters are trending towards Obama.

Because Obama is stiff when unzipped? :unsure:  Err, I assume that he is. :unsure: