News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on March 01, 2012, 04:06:49 AM
I suppose it would be a meaningless exercise to prove he broke some promises in the future.

What?

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 01, 2012, 05:20:36 AM
I suppose it would be a meaningless exercise to prove he broke some promises in the future.

What?

How can you make a promise in the future??? :huh: The promise would technically not exsist?? :huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 01, 2012, 05:20:36 AM

What?

Two of your examples of broken promises are predictions of what he will do in the future.  It is rather meaningless to attempt to prove Obama will do something in the future.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

DGuller

I may watch this.  I love movies with good endings.  :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2012, 11:15:52 AM
10 takeaways from an early screening of 'Game Change': http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73491.html

QuotePalin does indeed come off as a flawed candidate in the film, with advisers questioning her mental stability. She's reluctant to heed advice to prepare for debates and to put the good of the ticket over her own personal desires and ambitions. The Palin character comes across as woefully unprepared for the national stage and fails to understand the basics of such topics as the Federal Reserve, the British monarchy, World War II, North & South Korea and who attacked the United States on Sept. 11. Flattering or not, HBO says it's simply the truth.

It's not like we needed HBO to figure that out.  It was pretty apparent at the time.

derspiess

She makes a pretty decent Palin until you work your way down to that megachin :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2012, 12:22:41 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2012, 11:15:52 AM
10 takeaways from an early screening of 'Game Change': http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73491.html

QuotePalin does indeed come off as a flawed candidate in the film, with advisers questioning her mental stability. She's reluctant to heed advice to prepare for debates and to put the good of the ticket over her own personal desires and ambitions. The Palin character comes across as woefully unprepared for the national stage and fails to understand the basics of such topics as the Federal Reserve, the British monarchy, World War II, North & South Korea and who attacked the United States on Sept. 11. Flattering or not, HBO says it's simply the truth.

It's not like we needed HBO to figure that out.  It was pretty apparent at the time.

:yes:

HBO doesn't need to say that it is simply the truth...as it just is. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2012, 12:24:29 PM
She makes a pretty decent Palin until you work your way down to that megachin :mellow:
Back off Julianne Moore <_<

I'm looking forward to this just for her performance.  Personally though I think a far more interesting 2008 drama would be the Edwards campaign.
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on February 29, 2012, 12:40:11 PM
I think the pledge is worded ambiguously enough to give some wiggle room, and I'd wager that most who have signed it would view it as having some flexibility (they *are* politicians, after all).  I know what the ATF's intent of the pledge is, but the pledge itself is pretty ambiguous.
I think the pledge is not worded at all ambiguously, and  all the wiggle room allowed is that the pledge is aimed at only the income and corporate taxes.

Though Norquist pretends that the pledge applies to all taxes, of course.

QuoteIn immediate terms, I like the pledge-- IMO spending needs to be curtailed first, then later we can talk about adding some possible tax increases to the deficit/debt reduction strategy.
It is precisely this kind of weasel that makes me dislike the tax pledge so much.  Claiming that one will compromise as soon as the other side surrenders is just a way to avoid compromising.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 01, 2012, 12:33:04 PM

Never was a fan.  She's had roles where she was *almost* attractive, but never quite put it all together.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2012, 12:43:37 PM

Never was a fan.  She's had roles where she was *almost* attractive, but never quite put it all together.

I think she's a decent actress but she was really only hot once, and that was as the doctor in The Fugitive.

I liked her in Magnolia.

Eddie Teach

She had a really hot sex scene in Chloe. :perv:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2012, 12:49:57 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2012, 12:43:37 PM

I think she's a decent actress but she was really only hot once, and that was as the doctor in The Fugitive.

I liked her in Magnolia.

She can act okay, I guess.  But she was a very weak Clarice in Hannibal-- though I guess it'd be nearly impossible to follow Jodie Foster in that role.