3 (5.8%)
Jaron Will Not Be Wearing the Pants
7 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Ideologue

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 20, 2011, 03:01:26 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 20, 2011, 02:53:55 PM
Uh-oh.  Biscuit is in MythBusters mode.  Watch out. :ph34r:

There's an episode of Seinfeld in which George is at a girlfriend's mother's apartment. Someone has thrown an eclair into the trash, it is sitting at the top of the open receptacle, the eclair is on a paper plate and not touching any of the rest of the garbage, and it has one bite taken out of it.

George takes it out of the trash and the girlfriend's mother walks in and catches him, awkward situation ensues (full disclosure: I've eaten food off the floor so an eclair on a paper plate resting on top of garbage I'd also probably eat.)

In the ensuing dialogue when George is relating the story to Jerry George insists it isn't trash "just because it is in the bin", but Jerry insists "next to garbage, is garbage." While not an exact mirror, I see a strong influence in Lettow's story and his phrasing.

FWIW, I'm on George's side on this, except for the fact that someone else had already been eating it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on December 20, 2011, 10:49:10 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on December 20, 2011, 10:45:31 AM
I absolutely have to clarify. It wasn't trash, just on account of being in the trash!

The ISS monitor was rightfully widely regarded, so somebody knocked on the door and offered him an entire pizza. With great relish, he opened the pizza and took a large bite from one slice, eating about half of it in one go. He made loud sounds of appreciation, and then, reflecting that he never could finish a pizza, he tossed the entire remainder in the trash over the protests of the class.

I hadn't eaten much in the last few days at the time, and I could scarcely stand by and watch the pizza go to waste. It was delicious. High school trash bins are mostly just paper anyway, right?
Eh, that one I'll let slide.  Caliga has done much worse.
:lol:

Well played, Dorsey.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tamas

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 20, 2011, 03:07:34 PM
Uhh.. Seinfeld is a bit before my time. That'd be something of an obscure reference for me, also- who watches amerifat shows?

I absolutely love eclairs, though. Best form of donut.

Edit: I guess it won't do to mention when some people still think I might be a sockpuppet, but really the idea that I would invent a story is very alien to my behaviour. I've always been an honest person. I am proud of my integrity, and rank it one of my better traits, behind my loyalty. Loyalty is my favourite trait in myself or others- I am endlessly fond of loyalty and think everyone should cultivate it.

Dude, pretending you are blind is a big dishonor of those who are blind for real, and those who think you can't see and help you out. There have to be better ways to get attention and sympathy.

Your writings are most certainly weird, but I think they show enough creativity and brains to conclude that you can do decent in this life, but it depends on wether your sanity is beyond repair or not.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 20, 2011, 03:07:34 PM
Uhh.. Seinfeld is a bit before my time. That'd be something of an obscure reference for me, also- who watches amerifat shows?

That term would be  :rolleyes: in itself, but then add that two of the major characters, Jerry and Kramer are stick thin...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Spare us your cultural posturings, Wiggin. Don't you see you are only falling prey to the jewish conspiracy? The fugu keikaku's failure is the only reason japan has the last free media in the world.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Malthus

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 20, 2011, 04:18:40 PM
Spare us your cultural posturings, Wiggin. Don't you see you are only falling prey to the jewish conspiracy? The fugu keikaku's failure is the only reason japan has the last free media in the world.

Come, come, don't be naive - don't you know that Shinto is just Judaism in its Japanese guise? Japan is the new Jerusalem!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on December 20, 2011, 04:36:03 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on December 20, 2011, 04:18:40 PM

Come, come, don't be naive - don't you know that Shinto is just Judaism in its Japanese guise? Japan is the new Jerusalem!  :D

The Palestinians = The Ainu?

But with less suicide bombers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Lettow77

If you turn around while leaving Nagasaki, you'll be turned into a pillar of salt?

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on December 20, 2011, 04:38:17 PM
The Palestinians = The Ainu?

But with less suicide bombers.

And significantly more hairy.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 20, 2011, 04:39:28 PM
If you turn around while leaving Nagasaki, you'll be turned into a pillar of salt?

We do not want to see the hentai version of the story of Lot and his daughters.  :yuk:

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Ideologue on December 20, 2011, 03:09:15 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 20, 2011, 03:01:26 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 20, 2011, 02:53:55 PM
Uh-oh.  Biscuit is in MythBusters mode.  Watch out. :ph34r:

There's an episode of Seinfeld in which George is at a girlfriend's mother's apartment. Someone has thrown an eclair into the trash, it is sitting at the top of the open receptacle, the eclair is on a paper plate and not touching any of the rest of the garbage, and it has one bite taken out of it.

George takes it out of the trash and the girlfriend's mother walks in and catches him, awkward situation ensues (full disclosure: I've eaten food off the floor so an eclair on a paper plate resting on top of garbage I'd also probably eat.)

In the ensuing dialogue when George is relating the story to Jerry George insists it isn't trash "just because it is in the bin", but Jerry insists "next to garbage, is garbage." While not an exact mirror, I see a strong influence in Lettow's story and his phrasing.

FWIW, I'm on George's side on this, except for the fact that someone else had already been eating it.

Yes, I don't generally like to eat after people at all. But if it was just an eclair on a plate without a bite taken out of it, I would've eaten it as well. Jerry is the same guy who in one episode has to discard a shoe lace because it touched the floor of a men's room.

Ideologue

I also probably would have refrained from doing it at my girlfriend's mom's party.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

Now I really want an eclair! I had four two days ago, as gratuitous as that sounds- I made an expedition to get them. I'll fetch eclairs again in january.

Its very name is cultured  :blush:

Alcibiades

Lettuce has become one giant cry for help and attention. 
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain