Flaky but Harmless
22 (42.3%)
Noble and Sensitive
3 (5.8%)
Jaron Will Not Be Wearing the Pants
7 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Strix

He may be on to a career future with this one!

Send a resume and video to the NFL Commish, and you might get hired as a ref.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 19, 2011, 07:05:54 PM
I have actually considered sincere blindness, but it feels immoral and imprudent to blind myself at this time. I have things I want/need to do, any they require vision. I do not rule out the possibility in the future, but such an action is irreversible and calls for an enormous amount of caution and consideration- presumably I would only ever blind myself if I reached a point in life where I did not anticipate needing vision in the future.

The boy's not right in the head.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 19, 2011, 07:05:54 PM
I have actually considered sincere blindness, but it feels immoral and imprudent to blind myself at this time.
:wacko: Ok Loedipus.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

He's doing his best to out crazy me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

I'd like to see a real blind person who's faking good eyesight to keep a driver's license run him over with a Ford F-150.  At about 65mph.

Capetan Mihali

I think the cane is the problem.  If you want to wander around with your eyes closed, that's your prerogative. 

But you've described people helping you with doors, etc. which leads me to think you are giving the impression (intentionally or not) that you are actually blind, rather than just a sighted young man with profound psychological problems walking around with his eyes closed.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

OttoVonBismarck

You know I didn't follow these forums much for years, but when I used to a lot more closely I remember lettow was just a super weird kid. It's obviously the case he is a full blown mental case now, with guaranteed severe personality disorder and almost certainly mental illness now as well.

When did this fascinating change happen?

derspiess

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 19, 2011, 09:29:16 PM
You know I didn't follow these forums much for years, but when I used to a lot more closely I remember lettow was just a super weird kid. It's obviously the case he is a full blown mental case now, with guaranteed severe personality disorder and almost certainly mental illness now as well.

When did this fascinating change happen?

I think he's just after attention & you guys are being played.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2011, 09:35:56 PM
I think he's just after attention & you guys are being played.

Pretending to be crazy for years with nothing to be gained from it is still pretty crazy in itself.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Lettow needs social support.  He has had an incredibly difficult time.  I read the obituaries he posted of his mother's overdose death and then his father's suicide (within a couple of years), and it is clear that he is not bullshitting.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Razgovory

His parents both died a few years ago.  While they apparently filled his head with bad ideas, I'm guessing they kept him at least somewhat grounded in reality.  His girlfriend broke up with him this year and I'm guessing that's not helping.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I didn't think his dad committed suicide. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 19, 2011, 09:25:08 PM
I think the cane is the problem.  If you want to wander around with your eyes closed, that's your prerogative. 

But you've described people helping you with doors, etc. which leads me to think you are giving the impression (intentionally or not) that you are actually blind, rather than just a sighted young man with profound psychological problems walking around with his eyes closed.

Pretty much everything I've ever said to him has been supportive.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ideologue on December 19, 2011, 10:02:19 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 19, 2011, 09:25:08 PM

Pretty much everything I've ever said to him has been supportive.

:unsure:  I wasn't J'Accusing you...  or anyone for that matter...