News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kim Jong-Il Dead

Started by Queequeg, December 18, 2011, 10:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Exciting times.

BBC says the cause of death was said to be "physical and mental overwork".

Heh.

What next I wonder?

mongers

Apparently Korea watches are surprised as he was reported to be in relative good shape.

Military coup. anyone ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

I flicked to Fox.  They've clearly paid a lot to send Geraldo to Kuwait for the 'end of the Iraq war' thing.  They've got him there and they will use him.  From what I can see he's interviewing American soldiers who have been stationed in South Korea for their opinion :lol:

QuoteIt means his son, who by all the limited known accounts is about as batshit goofy as the old man was, will continue to make things interesting.
Who knows?  Military or other family members will find it easier to dominate a 20-something who's only had a couple of years to be heir.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on December 18, 2011, 10:26:57 PM
Apparently Korea watches are surprised as he was reported to be in relative good shape.

Are you kidding, retard?  Haven't you seen how bad he's looked the last year and a half?  Fucker probably had six types of cancer.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 18, 2011, 10:28:50 PM

Are you kidding, retard?  Haven't you seen how bad he's looked the last year and a half?  Fucker probably had six types of cancer.

I'm just quoting the Korean professor Samuel Kim from Columbia Univ.   <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Learned of this from Albert Brooks' twitter feed, "Kim Jong very very very Il" and have so far been disappointed by the languish punnery (or lack thereof).
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Surprised its so active on here about this already. Just saw it elsewhere, didn't believe it at first.
Wow.
This is....quite scary.
The son was not yet so established as a secure successor, it was just last year the moves to install him first happened. And considering the way things are there anyway....
Shit. Just hope there's no death throes hurting neighbours
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

The South has "placed all military units on emergency alert following the news of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il's death."  :ph34r:

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2011/12/19/54/0301000000AEN20111219005800315F.HTML

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on December 18, 2011, 10:19:02 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2011, 10:18:10 PM
Man, I was expectantly watching Spellus's thread fall and Habbs rise.
Mine was first.

Yeah and you whined about it - which made me want to see you taken down. :menace:

Seedy is a spoilsport though. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on December 18, 2011, 10:31:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 18, 2011, 10:28:50 PM

I'm just quoting the Korean professor Samuel Kim from Columbia Univ.   <_<

Fuck does he know.  He doesn't even post here.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Seems like The Axis against Christmas is taking casualties. Maybe the DPRKs were right to protest the Xmas trees the ROKs put on the border. It's time to close the Xmas tree gap.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

By the way, what's up with all these newspapers parroting the "he was 69" bullshit. Everyone knows Kim Il Sung faked his son's birthday so he'd be listed as being born on a legendary Korean mountain. He was born in the USSR in 1941, he was 70.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Too difficult to find the smiley on my Blackberry so :

:yeah:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Calling it now, Kim Jung Un will order an assassination attempt on the South Korean president. Both his father and grandfather attempted this but failed, so he has to try as well to prove to the military that he's fit to lead.

1 Karma Chameleon point