News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kim Jong-Il Dead

Started by Queequeg, December 18, 2011, 10:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Habbaku

AP feed is saying the fucker's dead.  Wikipedia says the same.

Tim?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Queequeg

"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Beeb now reporting.

I think they've just said Korean state television has confirmed this.

Yes NK state television announced it some 6-7 minutes ago.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Drakken

He's not dead, you fools. He is gone asleep like his dad is.

DGuller

Damn, this Christmas is getting very deadly for the cream of the crop of humanity.  :(

garbon

Man, I was expectantly watching Spellus's thread fall and Habbs rise.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2011, 10:18:10 PM
Mine was first.

Habbaku

Beaten by 11 seconds.  I wuz robbed.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

I merged them into a blessed union of bullshit.

Sheilbh

I like to think this is karma for losing Hitchens, Evora and Havel in such a short timespan.

Who can say what the fuck this means though :blink:

2011's been very interesting.  I think the same could be true of 2012 :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

:yes:

I was about to post a joke about his "late" comment but the thread disappeared into the ether.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

You could almost say we've lost a Saint, a Sinner* and a Devil in the last 3 or 4 days. 

* Hitchens self-confessed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 18, 2011, 10:20:14 PM
Who can say what the fuck this means though :blink:

It means his son, who by all the limited known accounts is about as batshit goofy as the old man was, will continue to make things interesting.