And we're back!

Main Menu

How Progressive Are You?

Started by Fireblade, March 12, 2009, 09:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on March 12, 2009, 01:37:00 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 12, 2009, 01:30:57 PM
I for one consider half black gay men to be more than beasts.

Yes, but more what?

Jesus Christ. From now on I'm handling my Languish love life through PMs. Oh shut up.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on March 12, 2009, 01:39:15 PM
Jesus Christ. From now on I'm handling my Languish love life through PMs. Oh shut up.

:'(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2009, 01:38:48 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 12, 2009, 01:33:44 PM
Anyway, we need more nuclear power.

I agree! :hug:

You can't hug each other with nuclear power arms... or something  :-[
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

104.  I didn't feel that a lot of the questions were worded in ways that I could answer them with a simple agree/disagree, so I put down a lot of 5s.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

vinraith

282, a score that would be lower but for the frequent use of "always" and other "loading" terms in some of the pro-conservative statements. Of course, I'm always going to land on the progressive side of things if for no other reason than that modern conservativism holds what I do for a living in contempt.

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on March 12, 2009, 02:18:03 PM
104.  I didn't feel that a lot of the questions were worded in ways that I could answer them with a simple agree/disagree, so I put down a lot of 5s.

I put very few 5's, and felt I would have put more if the questions had been worded slightly differently. 

Wouldn't all your 5's have pushed you more towards the middle?  You scored almost as "conservative" as I did.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I put in "5" on abortion and issues like that. Things I shy away from a having a real opinion on. So that likely threw me into the conservative camp, since i didn't click 'give them a wire hanger'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on March 12, 2009, 02:18:03 PM

:hug:

I had you pegged as "more conservative" than me though...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2009, 02:30:43 PM
:hug:

I had you pegged as "more conservative" than me though...

I am, just in different areas.  I don't define foreign policy adventurism as conservatism, but the test does.   ;)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: vinraith on March 12, 2009, 02:19:40 PM
282, a score that would be lower but for the frequent use of "always" and other "loading" terms in some of the pro-conservative statements. Of course, I'm always going to land on the progressive side of things if for no other reason than that modern conservativism holds what I do for a living in contempt.

There were a lot of them in the pro-liberal side as well.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

vinraith

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2009, 02:35:01 PM
Quote from: vinraith on March 12, 2009, 02:19:40 PM

True, it's a bad test generally.
There were a lot of them in the pro-liberal side as well.