And we're back!

Main Menu

How Progressive Are You?

Started by Fireblade, March 12, 2009, 09:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2009, 09:59:43 AM
215/400

Some of those things were bizarre.  Are Conservatives really convinced that Oil and Coal are great and we should NOT move to alternative fuels?

IIRC, the way the question was worded, it made it sound as if solar and wind power are our only alternatives to not using fossil fuels.  I put myself down as strongly disagreeing-- neither solar nor wind power are proven alternatives yet. 

IMO if you agreed with the statement, you were in favor of crippling the economy further and/or seriously distorting the market.

So for me, for now, fossil fuels FTW.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Fireblade

Quote from: fahdiz on March 12, 2009, 11:12:03 AM
Quote from: Fireblade on March 12, 2009, 11:06:53 AM
YOU BITCH.  >:(

You two could duke it out over me if you like.

What chance do I have against the man who lives by Brokeback Mountain? :(

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

207/400

I love how it assumes that your position on things like Iraq are any kind of indicator of your "progressiveness". It speaks to the herd mentality of the left on matters that have nothing to do with ideology, and everything to do with BUSHHH IS TEH HILTAR!!!!

Someone should tell zombie JFK that he wasn't "progressive". And LBJ. And Roosevelt, the war-mongering conservitard!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

syk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Korea

I got 273 out of 400. I am not sure about some of the questions though.
I want my mother fucking points!

Syt

I just realized that it's a bit ironic to call someone a Commie while using a Brezhnev avatar.
—Stephen Jay Gould

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2009, 09:59:43 AM
215/400

Some of those things were bizarre.  Are Conservatives really convinced that Oil and Coal are great and we should NOT move to alternative fuels?
Questionnaires like this are problematic, or misleading. Probably not many people feel the future is mainly fossil fuels. The choice here probably shouldn't between remaining on fossil fuels OR moving to other alternatives. We actually need to be doing both while we decide on how to move forward the changes, and what those changes are. Kind of misleading to present the question like it was. Probably the same for some other questions. But over all this wasn't a bad poll, and made me think on some of the questions. I've seen worse, often in polls mailed out to me that pushes a particular agenda. I've even responded to some of them on how useless or misleading their questions were.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Korea on March 12, 2009, 11:34:21 AM
I got 273 out of 400. I am not sure about some of the questions though.

We can merge our scores baby. Hot 155 and 273 action.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive