And we're back!

Main Menu

How Progressive Are You?

Started by Fireblade, March 12, 2009, 09:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2009, 10:13:05 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2009, 10:07:56 AM
It certainly can be.  After all, what is the goal of progressives?  To advance, and to improve conditions.  Not every group needs to make it in order to advance.
Except that one has taken an absurd stance when they talk as though it is a good idea to separate people into races.
Not at all.  Races allows for easy stereotyping, which allows us to determine whether a person is likely to be good or evil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Tiamat on March 12, 2009, 10:14:07 AM
There is no other option. We aren't going to find a higher density or more efficient form of energy than oil.

Yeah and we will never fly or land on the moon either.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Fireblade

Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2009, 10:15:03 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2009, 10:13:05 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2009, 10:07:56 AM
It certainly can be.  After all, what is the goal of progressives?  To advance, and to improve conditions.  Not every group needs to make it in order to advance.
Except that one has taken an absurd stance when they talk as though it is a good idea to separate people into races.
Not at all.  Races allows for easy stereotyping, which allows us to determine whether a person is likely to be good or evil.

Quebecois: Good or evil?

garbon

Which is why it is an often used tool of the ignorant.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Canada is the #1 source of oil for the US
Not if the hippies have their way.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tiamat

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2009, 10:16:29 AM
There is no other option. We aren't going to find a higher density or more efficient form of energy than oil.

Yeah and we will never fly or land on the moon either.
Your statement is absurd.

If greenists emerge victorious, the US economy will be crippled and the 1930s will look like progress. Solar and wind are interesting weekend hobbies. They are not an alternative to oil.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2009, 10:19:11 AM
Which is why it is an often used tool of the ignorant.
By everyone.

Tiamat

Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2009, 10:19:42 AM
Canadian hippies or American hippies?

Neil

Quote from: Fireblade on March 12, 2009, 10:17:00 AM
Not inherently evil.  They just have a few cultural quirks that can cause them problems.

Fireblade

Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2009, 10:23:15 AM
Not inherently evil.  They just have a few cultural quirks that can cause them problems.

Ontarians: Good or evil?

Tiamat

Neil

Quote from: Tiamat on March 12, 2009, 10:22:20 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2009, 10:19:42 AM
Canadian hippies or American hippies?
Both.  Canadian hippies have been kissing up to Obama, hoping that he'll somehow ban oil.  Of course, they've received the same contemptuous cold shoulder that Obama gives everyone.

Fireblade

Neil

We aren't going to find a higher density or more efficient form of energy than oil.
That's not true.  E=mc2.

Neil

Quote from: Fireblade on March 12, 2009, 10:23:48 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2009, 10:23:15 AM

Ontarians: Good or evil?
They're not a race.  As a group, they're silly, betraying even their own shallow affectations.