And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA 2011-12 Season Dead

Started by jimmy olsen, November 14, 2011, 03:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2011, 11:35:58 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 28, 2011, 11:33:24 AM
What's with you & Washington based team?

My family lived in that area from 1695 until 1969.  It is my father he raised me to be a Washington fan.  The Orioles thing I did myself though.

4 years before you were born? Dude, move on. Embrace Texas.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 28, 2011, 11:41:05 AM
4 years before you were born? Dude, move on. Embrace Texas.

Eight years.  I have embraced Texas.  But not Dallas and Houston.  Have you never heard of civic rivalry?  I am an Austin guy.  I would sooner root for the Gypsy Nazi team before I would root for a Dallas or Houston team.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

That's crazy if your city doesn't also have a team in a given sport.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 28, 2011, 11:52:25 AM

Why?  I have spent about a 100 days in DC for every day in my life I have ever been in Dallas or Houston.  I know about 50 people in DC for every 1 I know in Dallas or Houston.  Why do I need to be loyal to those places just because they are closer?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2011, 11:54:22 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 28, 2011, 11:52:25 AM

Why?  I have spent about a 100 days in DC for every day in my life I have ever been in Dallas or Houston.  I know about 50 people in DC for every 1 I know in Dallas or Houston.  Why do I need to be loyal to those places just because they are closer?

Because then you don't have to buy the out of market package to watch them play?

I don't know. I guess it's the same thing here with NFL team. Pick one, it doesn't really matter which one you like.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 28, 2011, 11:05:39 AM
Too bad.  I enjoyed not having to go out of my way to ignore basketball.  :(

Your current residence is out of the way enough already.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

After that first, automatic vindictive reaction though, I've got to agree with this guy. This was a foolish move by Stern.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/league-finds-way-to-make-bad-pr-situation-worse-by-killing-trade
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point