News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA 2011-12 Season Dead

Started by jimmy olsen, November 14, 2011, 03:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 17, 2011, 04:00:25 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 17, 2011, 02:18:03 PM
The state's not totally comprised of WASP gated communities and Puerto Rican ghettos...
Don't talk smack about my cousins.  :mad:

:huh:  Conn. has the highest Puerto Rican percentage of state population in the country, so obviously Nutmegger Puerto Ricans do all sorts of things, I'd never demean an ethnicity, etc.  But cruise around Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford, Waterbury enough and you will see areas that are clearly Puerto Rican ghettos.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Valmy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 18, 2011, 02:25:51 AM
:huh:  Conn. has the highest Puerto Rican percentage of state population in the country

I hope that changes soon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: frunk on November 17, 2011, 02:25:01 PM
And yet it is.

Yeah are there any states out there that are wall to wall city?  I mean New Jersey also has forests between its urban sprawl.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2011, 09:22:51 AM
Yeah are there any states out there that are wall to wall city?  I mean New Jersey also has forests between its urban sprawl.

New Jersey is much more heavily developed, both with population and agriculture.  It doesn't have nearly as much undeveloped land.

jimmy olsen

:hmm: I expected more red on this map

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: frunk on November 17, 2011, 02:25:01 PM
And yet it is.

All that green in CT and RI is "Swamp Yankee" territory...  :ph34r:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

dps

Quote from: frunk on November 18, 2011, 11:01:28 AM

New Jersey is much more heavily developed, both with population and agriculture.  It doesn't have nearly as much undeveloped land.

And yet it's still around 50% forested.  I think every other state is higher than that in the percentage of forest, except some of the plains states with are mostly grasslands that have never been forested in historical times, and Alaska, which has a lot of area that are too cold to be forested.  Though all that could be data that's no longer current.

dps

Quote from: dps on November 18, 2011, 07:30:58 PM
Quote from: frunk on November 18, 2011, 11:01:28 AM

And yet it's still around 50% forested.  I think every other state is higher than that in the percentage of forest, except some of the plains states with are mostly grasslands that have never been forested in historical times, and Alaska, which has a lot of area that is too cold to be forested.  Though all that could be data that's no longer current.

The Larch

It was not dead, it was just resting!

QuoteNBA owners, players reach tentative deal

NEW YORK (AP)—After nearly two years of bickering, NBA players and owners are back on the same side.

"We want to play basketball," Commissioner David Stern said.

Come Christmas Day, they should be.

The sides reached a tentative agreement early Saturday to end the 149-day lockout and hope to begin the delayed season with a marquee tripleheader Dec. 25. Most of a season that seemed in jeopardy of being lost entirely will be salvaged if both sides approve the handshake deal.

Barring a change in scheduling, the 2011-12 season will open with the Boston Celtics at New York Knicks, followed by Miami at Dallas in an NBA finals rematch before MVP Derrick Rose(notes) and Chicago visiting Kobe Bryant(notes) and the Lakers.

Neither side provided many specifics about the deal, and there are still legal hurdles that must be cleared before gymnasiums are open again.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Fuck Danny Ainge and Paul Pierce.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

:)  Great, my plan to bandwagon on Timmy's bandwagon can still be implemented.  GO CELTICS!!!   :showoff:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 26, 2011, 06:08:15 PM
:)  Great, my plan to bandwagon on Timmy's bandwagon can still be implemented.  GO CELTICS!!!   :showoff:
They're quite old for an NBA team, so I'm not that hopeful of us getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs, especially with the condensed season, but I'm glad to have you aboard.  :)

1 Karma Chameleon point