And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA 2011-12 Season Dead

Started by jimmy olsen, November 14, 2011, 03:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 26, 2011, 11:37:45 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 26, 2011, 06:08:15 PM
:)  Great, my plan to bandwagon on Timmy's bandwagon can still be implemented.  GO CELTICS!!!   :showoff:
They're quite old for an NBA team, so I'm not that hopeful of us getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs, especially with the condensed season, but I'm glad to have you aboard.  :)

Actually, I think that a shorter season will suit the older players better, as they'll arrive at the playoffs with many less miles on their aging legs than in a normal season.

Neil

The Celtics are also bitches, and have been ever since Bird retired.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Dang I thought I finally found a sure way to deny the Lakers the 2012 championship.  Ah well now I have to wait to see if an actual NBA team can stop them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2011, 10:33:10 AM
Dang I thought I finally found a sure way to deny the Lakers the 2012 championship.  Ah well now I have to wait to see if an actual NBA team can stop them.
No faith in your Mavericks?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Too bad.  I enjoyed not having to go out of my way to ignore basketball.  :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 28, 2011, 11:04:13 AM

Generally in the NBA I am am an anti-fan.  I root against the Lakers plus whoever else seems particularly loathsome, like the Heat.

The team I was a fan of ceased to exist in 1997.  Though I do have a soft spot for the Spurs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2011, 11:09:24 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 28, 2011, 11:04:13 AM

Generally in the NBA I am am an anti-fan.  I root against the Lakers plus whoever else seems particularly loathsome, like the Heat.

The team I was a fan of ceased to exist in 1997.
  Though I do have a soft spot for the Spurs.
Who? :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 28, 2011, 11:14:52 AM

A team brutally murdered in the name of political correctness.  Knowing the other pro teams I root for it shouldn't be too hard to puzzle it out.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2011, 11:18:00 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 28, 2011, 11:14:52 AM

A team brutally murdered in the name of political correctness.  Knowing the other pro teams I root for it shouldn't be too hard to puzzle it out.
The name changed but the team didn't. Don't be such a wuss, get up and rub some dirt on it! :angry:

1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 28, 2011, 11:26:29 AM
The name changed but the team didn't. Don't be such a wuss, get up and rub some dirt on it! :angry:

"Wizards" is a super lame name, especially coming from something like the "Bullets."

Grey Fox

What's with you & Washington based team?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 28, 2011, 11:26:29 AM

Um everything about the team changed except the city it was located in.  I mean the only cool thing about Bullets was their name, colors, and the glorious legacy of Wes Unseld and Elvin Hayes.  That was all thrown on the garbage heap.  Screw that crap.  The team is dead to me.  But to be fair they have been pretty dead in general since then despite the Michael Jordan black comedy they put on.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 28, 2011, 11:33:24 AM
What's with you & Washington based team?

My family lived in that area from 1695 until 1969.  It is my father he raised me to be a Washington fan.  The Orioles thing I did myself though.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 28, 2011, 11:30:54 AM
"Wizards" is a super lame name, especially coming from something like the "Bullets."

Not to mention changing the colors to their weird teal and gold shit.