Who will be the Republican Nominee for President (post Cain)

Started by Viking, December 03, 2011, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I work with a guy named Noah and one of my bartenders is named Seth.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2011, 12:33:55 PM
I work with a guy named Noah and one of my bartenders is named Seth.

If I ever have a male kid, I'm gonna name him Chaim or Noach.  Love that voiceless uvular fricative.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2011, 02:47:34 PM
Ron Paul comes out swinging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jzi3HBCS2M&feature=player_embedded
I'm going to cut $20,000 from my expenses this year.  I'll double-fold my toilet paper instead of triple-folding it before wiping, I'll buy antibiotic-full eggs instead of organic, etc., etc.  And that's just in the first year! :w00t:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 06, 2011, 03:39:33 PM
I like Ron Paul :blush:
I liked him too, until he turned from being a protest candidate to being a candidate taken seriously, and a candidate whose ideas zombify countless youths.  Then he and his cult started really, really scaring me, mainly due to their limitless ability to completely ignore the reality.

Ideologue

I like Ron Paul the best of the Republicans.  He's not evil, only mad.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 06, 2011, 03:39:33 PM
I like Ron Paul :blush:

"Is likeable" and "would make a good president" are, as we learned with GWB, not of necessity correlated.
and the horse you rode in on

Sheilbh

Quote from: fahdiz on December 06, 2011, 04:07:25 PM
"Is likeable" and "would make a good president" are, as we learned with GWB, not of necessity correlated.
And how.  I think Andrew Sullivan said his favourite thing about Ron Paul is his walk and I think I'm the same.  If you ever watch one of the debates its always great because all of the other candidates have big-swinging-dick-Alpha-male walks - it's all very 1950s - and then you get Ron Paul who just has this diffident shuffle onto the stage.  It's wonderful and in many ways I always think it a more assured and confident statement than the rest.

But I can barely stand anyone I actually agree with.  I almost always find conservatives more likeable - in the US at least, over here there's noone with enough personality to like.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Oh, well, let's trade places then, since Britain is sooooo boring. :P
Kinemalogue

fhdz

Paul wants his ideas to speak for him instead of his own personal charisma, and you're right - that is in some ways admirable and definitely likable.

It'd be better if Paul never made any good points; he makes just enough of them in a very general sense (Hey guys, we're overextended in foreign conflict and foreign aid. Hey guys, our spending and revenue don't match each other very well. Hey guys, don't only blame the market for the current mess, the gov't has done its fair share of fucking up the process too.) to lend an unwarranted air of credibility to his specific points, which tend more often than not to be batshit.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on December 06, 2011, 04:31:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/michele-bachmann-vs-8-old-192125455.html

Kinda repugnant that the mother clearly forced the boy to do that.

And the words of the English language finally lost all meaning.  "Repugnant"?  Come on.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 06, 2011, 04:46:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 06, 2011, 04:31:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/michele-bachmann-vs-8-old-192125455.html

Kinda repugnant that the mother clearly forced the boy to do that.

And the words of the English language finally lost all meaning.  "Repugnant"?  Come on.

:unsure:

QuoteDefinition of REPUGNANT
: incompatible, inconsistent
archaic : hostile
: exciting distaste or aversion <repugnant language> <a morally repugnant practice>
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on December 06, 2011, 04:46:05 PMAnd the words of the English language finally lost all meaning.  "Repugnant"?  Come on.
I think it's pretty repugnant and I think Michelle comes across very well.
Let's bomb Russia!