Who will be the Republican Nominee for President (post Cain)

Started by Viking, December 03, 2011, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2011, 07:18:42 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2011, 06:47:17 PM
If Huntsman wants to be taken seriously he'll have to explain his wacky first name.

And what the fuck kind of name is "Mitt," anyway?

Middle name.  First name is Willard.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2011, 07:18:42 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2011, 06:47:17 PM
If Huntsman wants to be taken seriously he'll have to explain his wacky first name.

And what the fuck kind of name is "Mitt," anyway?

It's a name that is not as bad as Newt.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maximus

Jon is short for Jonathan. I don't see what's unusual about it. :unsure:

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Maximus on December 05, 2011, 08:16:07 PM

I don't think Jonathan is his borth name, though.  I think it's actually Jon.  Oh well, no big deal in any case.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

fhdz

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 05, 2011, 08:17:32 PM

I don't think Jonathan is his borth name, though.  I think it's actually Jon.  Oh well, no big deal in any case.

I'm telling you, he's lucky his name's not Thummim or Nimrod.
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

Are unusual Mormon first names really the norm?  I don't know many Mormons, but I have a distant cousin who is Mormon and his name is Steve.  My mother in law worked for a Mormon guy for a while, and his name was Jack (and his wife was named Jill, srsly).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

Quote from: Caliga on December 05, 2011, 10:21:37 PM
Are unusual Mormon first names really the norm?

I've met some with "normal" names and some with pretty obscure biblical names. I wouldn't say it's the norm, no, but given what it could have been, complaining about "Jon" seems a bit overwrought.

Ideologue

Quote from: fahdiz on December 05, 2011, 10:15:43 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 05, 2011, 08:17:32 PM

I'm telling you, he's lucky his name's not Thummim or Nimrod.

Well, if he's willing to eradicate the mutant menace, I may have to consider voting for him.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I'd give McMillan my vote for this most excellent beard combined with the annoyed facial expression.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fhdz

Sheilbh

I thought Yi was making a joke on how outlandish Jon is in a field with Newt, Herman, Mitt (or Willard) and Barack.  Didn't know Mormons went in for odd names though, I thought they'd be kind of Old Testament.
Let's bomb Russia!

fhdz

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 06, 2011, 12:26:10 PM
I thought Yi was making a joke on how outlandish Jon is in a field with Newt, Herman, Mitt (or Willard) and Barack.  Didn't know Mormons went in for odd names though, I thought they'd be kind of Old Testament.

They're like the Old Testament names no one uses. "This is my son, Lot". That sort of thing.