News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 Week 13

Started by Neil, December 01, 2011, 11:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

I'm looking forward to another great Monday Night Football matchup tonight!

Chargers versus Jaguars...where the only reason there'll be a winner is because they can't both lose...

sbr

Quote from: ulmont on December 05, 2011, 04:25:35 PM

Chargers versus Jaguars...where the only reason there'll be a winner is because they can't both lose...

Next week is Seattle and the Rams.  :lol:  I bet ESPN wishes they could flex their schedule too.

Grey Fox

Quote from: sbr on December 05, 2011, 07:44:43 PM

Next week is Seattle and the Rams.  :lol:  I bet ESPN wishes they could flex their schedule too.

Flex? They just need to not make stupid choices. Who believed that Seattle vs St-Louis would be a good game?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Maybe they'll tie?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 05, 2011, 07:47:20 PM

Flex? They just need to not make stupid choices. Who believed that Seattle vs St-Louis would be a good game?
Indeed.  I mean, I know Seattle made the playoffs last year, and St Louis was supposed to be good this year, but the rule for the NFC West is that either 1 or 0 teams will be good during any given season.  If you're a network thinking about broadcasting an NFC West division game, it'd be a good idea to think twice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

I just encountered an interesting statistic today.  Apparently, the list of the winningest QBs in the NFL since 2008 are as follows:

Tom Brady: 34
Phillip Rivers: 35 (+2 postseason)
Peyton Manning: 36 (+2 postseason)
Aaron Rodgers: 39 (+4 postseason)
Ben Roethlisberger: 39 (+5 postseason)
Matt Ryan: 40
Drew Brees: 41 (+3 postseason)

and in #1...

Joe Flacco: 41 (+4 postseason)
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

:blink:

Well I wouldn't say many of those wins are any of flacco's doing.  How I wanted him to be a good QB...but...

That's all this guy and crew,

Not

This guy..
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy

Colt McCoy: 247-428 2,524 yds 14 Tds 9 Ints 76.9 rating

Joe Flacco: 240-434 2,895 yds 13 Tds 8 Ints 78.3 rating

When your stats are comparable to a 2nd year guy on the worst offense in the league you might not be very good.  Just saying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on December 05, 2011, 10:58:24 PM
I just encountered an interesting statistic today.  Apparently, the list of the winningest QBs in the NFL since 2008 are as follows:

Tom Brady: 34
Pats have won 33 games since the beginning of the '09 season.

10-6 in 2009
14-2 in 2010
9-3 so far in 2011

EDIT: Went 11-5 in 2008.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Patriots suck, Tim.  They're irrelevant.  We all know that even if they lock up the #2 seed, they're going to get crushed on divisional weekend by the Steelers, who won't tolerate their no-defence bullshit and can easily beat Brady.

Now, Flacco has a lot of help from his defence and Ray Rice winning those games, but he still deserves some credit.  The Ravens have always had a devastating defence and a strong run game, but they didn't win consistently until Flacco and Harbaugh came to town.  Flacco is the best QB the team has ever had, and with him the team always has a chance in the passing game.

At any rate I don't think that Flacco is a better QB than Brees, Manning or Rodgers.  The reason I posted the stat is that you'd never guess that the winningest QB of the last four years is a guy whose stats are pretty average.  It struck me as a funny bit of sports trivia.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on December 06, 2011, 12:22:32 AM

When your stats are comparable to a 2nd year guy on the worst offense in the league you might not be very good.  Just saying.
Flacco has beaten quality opposition.  If Colt McCoy has a gamewinning drive like Flacco's against the Steelers on Thursday night, I'll accept the comparison.

jimmy olsen

Just read this stat online. :XD:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-bytes-rams-offense-doa/article_0fc7bdbc-1f57-11e1-9ea7-001a4bcf6878.html
since the start of the 2009 season, the Rams have scored 54 touchdowns from scrimmage in 44 games. The 1999 Rams scored 55 touchdowns from scrimmage in 16 games.

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

The Colt doesn't have Cam Cameron fucking him up.  He's just got Colt.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 01:53:52 AM

The Colt doesn't have Cam Cameron fucking him up.  He's just got Colt.
Colt's got 1/5 of a line, basically no receivers, a broken running game for most of this year, a totally new system to run this year, and no offensive coordinator because Mike Holmgren is a fucking idiot and gave first time first year head coach Pat Shurmer those duties.  All things considered, I'm rather surprised he's still alive and able to do anything.  Flacco has it made in comparison.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Hey on try number three, Old Man Garcia will be joining the Texans after all!  Super Bowl!  :lol:

QuoteThe Texans are going to sign quarterback Jeff Garcia and punter Matt Turk.

Garcia, 41, is replacing Kellen Clemens, who was placed on waivers today.

Garcia, who played for quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp at San Francisco, worked out for the Texans in each of the last two weeks. They wanted two veterans to play behind rookie T.J. Yates. Jake Delhomme was signed last week and was the No. 2 quarterback for Sunday's 17-10 victory over Atlanta.

The Texans placed punter Brett Hartmann on injured reserve. He suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee during the Falcons game.

Turk, 43, was one of the punters who auditioned today. He punted for the Texans from 2007-2010. After last season, he signed with Jacksonville but was placed on waivers.

I don't know what the deal was with Clemens.  He was in Houston for two games, but was never activated, while Cajun Jake was activated immediately.  Maybe hurt, or was looking like a retard trying to pick up the offense, or just looked worse than he did when they worked all the QBs out.  Whatever it was, he's gone. 

Turk sucks as a punter these days, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went ahead and signed him anyway, simply because the punter is also the holder for Rackers and Turk has done that before.