News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 Week 13

Started by Neil, December 01, 2011, 11:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Why did the Cowboys ice their own kicker?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Giants played pretty well, but Packers also played pretty bad.  A lot of dropped balls.

I enjoyed all the slo mo shots of the QBs getting racked.  Did not enjoy the shot of Quarless' leg getting bent like a pretzel.

Alcibiades

Yeah that looked really brutal.  Glad they came back, I was pretty nervous...  Lots and lots of dropped passes today.  :face:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

I'm impressed by the Rams.  They managed to keep their score untainted by points.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

He did look better today, even though the ball was wobbly it seemed to go where he wanted it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Andre Johnson's injury may not be as serious as initially thought.  As in, he might be back if they get into the playoffs.

Hartmann was on crutches, so the Texans are probably going to be shopping for punters.  His injury might have happened because he stepped in one of the "seams" that are between the little trays of grass.  Uh...here:

You can see the trays here

A seam

This also may have contributed to Johnson's injury.  There was a high school championship game on the field yesterday, so they had to replace some chunks of it, resulting in the patchwork look and parts of the field being a different....feel?....vs. others.  Like one square will be really soft-like, the next might be kinda hard, and so on.

I wish they'd just install field turf or something like that and just be done with this "live grass in a dome" thing.   Especially if they're going to have high school games and bowl games and shit there the day before the Texans play.  The Alamodome might not have the best, top of the line surface (something called Soft Top), but when I was down there I'll be damned if that shit didn't feel EXACTLY the same everywhere I went on it.

E:  Here it is:  http://sportfield.com/softop.php

Photos 7, 8, & 9 are the Alamodome.

CountDeMoney

Madonna's going to do the halftime show of the Super Bowl in Indy this year.
I suppose Connie Francis was unavailable.

Admiral Yi

Or Gaga was unwilling to take the M16s off her tits.

CountDeMoney

Why can't they do something interesting, like an American Idol final or something?  Something compelling.

Christ, I hope there isn't another wardrobe malfunction.  The Super Bowl don't need more 50 year old titties.

Grey Fox

None of my players showed up. Stupid Fantasy :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 05, 2011, 05:59:25 AM
Why can't they do something interesting, like an American Idol final or something?  Something compelling.

Flood the stadium and stage a mock naval battle?

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

HVC

stupid lions. if you're going to suck suck fromt he beginning.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.