Language Police to Force Children to Speak French During Recess

Started by jimmy olsen, November 27, 2011, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on November 30, 2011, 02:51:34 PM
And they are told all the time at school what language they should speak in private conversations.

:huh:

Who is the "they" you are referring to here.

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on November 29, 2011, 11:44:12 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 29, 2011, 10:56:43 PM
Ide, what's with all the posting in French lately?  Francais est la langue des homosexuelles.

Trying to learn it, in my customary desultory manner.
well you're not allowed, since as I pointed out it's a lesbian language. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on November 30, 2011, 06:11:58 PM
Threads about the French in Canada always deliver.

Apparently, so can Ide, after his surgery.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2011, 06:16:33 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 30, 2011, 06:11:58 PM
Threads about the French in Canada always deliver.

Apparently, so can Ide, after his surgery.

That's not true, and part of the reason why he can't ever be a lesbian.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 30, 2011, 03:08:34 PM
And they are told all the time at school what language they should speak in private conversations.

students in elementary school, and even high school.  Are kids allowed to swear in BC schools?  Definately not here.  Can't tell your teacher to "fuck off" either.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on December 01, 2011, 11:13:36 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 30, 2011, 03:08:34 PM

students in elementary school, and even high school.  Are kids allowed to swear in BC schools?  Definately not here.  Can't tell your teacher to "fuck off" either.

Again I find it very interesting that you equate telling a teacher to "fuck off" to speaking english in private.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on November 30, 2011, 04:04:38 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 29, 2011, 11:44:12 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 29, 2011, 10:56:43 PM
Ide, what's with all the posting in French lately?  Francais est la langue des homosexuelles.

Trying to learn it, in my customary desultory manner.
well you're not allowed, since as I pointed out it's a lesbian language. :)

All the homosexuals in Montreal told me to take it up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: viper37 on November 30, 2011, 11:07:26 AM
I can draw all the nazi symbols I want in my books at home, I could not do that at school. 

In our public schools, at least when I attended, we weren't supposed to draw anything in our textbooks, beacuse they were public property that we had use of until the end of the school year, not our personal property.  Same thing for books checked out of the school library--we didn't own them as individuals, so we weren't supposed to mark them up.  A lot of us did mark them in one way or another, at times, and got into trouble for doing so.  But if someone drew Nazi (or communist, or phallic) symbols in the schoolbooks, they didn't get in any more trouble than they did for drawing stickfigures, or pictures of automobiles.  But we got in trouble for defacing public property, not for the content of what we drew.

And if we brought a book from home to read in study hall or the like, we could draw whatever we wanted in it (at least as far as the school was concerned--our parents might been another matter entirely).

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 01, 2011, 12:19:51 PM
Again I find it very interesting that you equate telling a teacher to "fuck off" to speaking english in private.
lawyers :roll:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa