Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 15, 2011, 06:58:55 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 15, 2011, 06:39:36 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 15, 2011, 06:03:04 PM
Anyway the argument Yi made that drew Tim's ire was one could not tell the diffrence between a 10 year old and a 16 year old (which is apparently a legal age to have sex with a 50+ year old in that State).

No, that's a mischaracterization.  I was arguing that one could not distinguish between a 10 year old and a 16 year old with sufficient *certainty* to overcome the normal inhibition about intruding into a sexual situation.  Actually, not the general "one," but the narrower I, and I expect others as well.  I further argued that there's a not a clear break point at the legal age of consent, that the normal person doesn't see a 16 year old getting fucked up the ass and say "go get 'em tiger" but break out the chainsaw and call out the lynch mob if it's a 15 year old getting fucked up the ass.

I think McQueary had an extremely normal reaction: he freaked out and asked his dad what the fuck he was supposed to do.

Except McQueary said he thought the boy was 10 so your hypothetical about possible confusion as to whether this might be consensual doesnt work.

And also according to McQuery he made sure the abuse stopped and went to the police. So maybe Tim's rush to judge him a monster was a bit too hasty.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on November 15, 2011, 07:03:41 PM
Anyway the argument Yi made that drew Tim's ire was one could not tell the diffrence between a 10 year old and a 16 year old (which is apparently a legal age to have sex with a 50+ year old in that State).

No, that's a mischaracterization.  I was arguing that one could not distinguish between a 10 year old and a 16 year old with sufficient *certainty* to overcome the normal inhibition about intruding into a sexual situation.  Actually, not the general "one," but the narrower I, and I expect others as well.  I further argued that there's a not a clear break point at the legal age of consent, that the normal person doesn't see a 16 year old getting fucked up the ass and say "go get 'em tiger" but break out the chainsaw and call out the lynch mob if it's a 15 year old getting fucked up the ass.

I think McQueary had an extremely normal reaction: he freaked out and asked his dad what the fuck he was supposed to do.

Except McQueary said he thought the boy was 10 so your hypothetical about possible confusion as to whether this might be consensual doesnt work.

And also according to McQuery he made sure the abuse stopped and went to the police. So maybe Tim's rush to judge him a monster was a bit too hasty.
Did I judge him a monster too?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 15, 2011, 07:04:53 PM
Did I judge him a monster too?

I don't know. The thread is too long to go back and see. I think you had a negative judgment about his character based on what was in the grand jury report.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on November 15, 2011, 07:03:41 PM

Isnt that email inconsistent with what he told the Grand Jury?  Seems to be more butt covering than anything.  Ok bad pun.  We shall see in the fullness of time.

And no Yi, if someone thinks the boy is 10 they should stop the rape.  Mcquery doesnt say I did know if he was 10 or not.  He said the boy was 10.

Caliga

I think the most extreme reaction to McQueary's reported actions came from Meri, not Tim.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 15, 2011, 07:07:32 PM

Isnt that email inconsistent with what he told the Grand Jury?  Seems to be more butt covering than anything.  Ok bad pun.  We shall see in the fullness of time.

No--although you would think they would have been mentioned.

The grand jury report just mentioned that when seeing the incident "he left immediately"--it could be that he was spotted or said something and Sandusky somehow retreated. There is some wiggle room there.

Also, the report says he was never questioned by police. McQuery states that he notified the police and the official in charge of police: which was the VP Finance. It seems unlikely, but perhaps he notified university police and the VP Finance somehow shut the investigation down.

Maybe he is just trying to cover for himself and is now making up a more palatable version of what happened. Maybe there is a lot more to this. I assume it will get sorted out. But based on the incident that this guy saw, the football coach, VP Finance, AD, and President have all been effectively terminated. I think this highlights what I was arguing earlier: unless they had more information than what they said they had, the Board was too hasty in its firings.

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on November 15, 2011, 07:09:02 PM
I think the most extreme reaction to McQueary's reported actions came from Meri, not Tim.

Not at all. Wishing a painful death on some miscreant happens fairly frequently on languish. Timmy's freak-out was of a much less frequent nature, not to mention much more personal.

sbr

I said I hoped he got killed if he was on the sidelines on Saturday. :showoff:

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on November 15, 2011, 08:11:25 PM

Maybe he be at this week's game and Brutus will execute him on the 'O'. Or an extra special dotting of the i as Brutus buttrapes McQueary.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 15, 2011, 08:17:58 PM
Maybe he be at this week's game and Brutus will execute him on the 'O'. Or an extra special dotting of the i as Brutus buttrapes McQueary.
But isn't Ohio State going to lose that game?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on November 15, 2011, 08:26:42 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 15, 2011, 08:17:58 PM
But isn't Ohio State going to lose that game?

I shook my magic 8 ball and it said 'outlook not clear'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

I can't wait to see the signs that the Buckeye fans bring.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 15, 2011, 08:49:05 PM
I can't wait to see the signs that the Buckeye fans bring.
I bet you can't, faggot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Rasputin

Quote from: Caliga on November 15, 2011, 07:09:02 PM
i agree. Meri wanted him to commit suicide

Canuck is right though; this version of events seems like cya and is very inconsistent with the grand jury.

If mcreary went to the cops and schultz/curley knew it there was no need for them to report what had already been reported and no need to charge them

Further one would assume that the grand jury wouldve mentioned the police report as it did with the earlier 99 event.
Who is John Galt?