News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasputin

Quote from: Ideologue on November 15, 2011, 05:33:39 PM
I guess I missed the part where Tim was mean.  Summary?

yi says:

unless it was obvious rape rape im not sure howd id have reacted had i walked in the scene mcreary walked in on

so then like timmay says:

omg kikikikiki you are the devil and a baby raper and i will never respect anything you ever say again
Who is John Galt?

Capetan Mihali

I agree with the substance of what Yi said anyways.  I don't have any experience stumbling upon Man-Boy sexual encounters, so how can I say what I'd do?  If I hear a kid screaming for help, and then run into the locker room to help and see him being raped, that's pretty straightforward.  But if I'm rounding the corner, and look up from drawing X's and O's on my clipboard or whatever GA's do, and see my trusted adviser Sandusky with a 10-year-old...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 15, 2011, 05:57:54 PM
I agree with the substance of what Yi said anyways.  I don't have any experience stumbling upon Man-Boy sexual encounters, so how can I say what I'd do?  If I hear a kid screaming for help, and then run into the locker room to help and see him being raped, that's pretty straightforward.  But if I'm rounding the corner, and look up from drawing X's and O's on my clipboard or whatever GA's do, and see my trusted adviser Sandusky with a 10-year-old...

Not this again.

Sandusky was not with the program at that time.  Anyway the argument Yi made that drew Tim's ire was one could not tell the diffrence between a 10 year old and a 16 year old (which is apparently a legal age to have sex with a 50+ year old in that State).  Yi was told a couple things about that - first the GA said he thought the boy was 10 and second it is pretty easy to tell the difference between a 10 year old and a 16 year old.

Yi backed off but Tim kept up with the Pedo apologist accusation.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 15, 2011, 06:03:04 PM
Where?  :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I dunno, I suppose it's reasonably possible that you might not realize that some kid in the fog is 10, this being hypothetical and actual facts of the case aside.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Rasputin

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 15, 2011, 05:57:54 PM

Not this again.

Sandusky was not with the program at that time.  Anyway the argument Yi made that drew Tim's ire was one could not tell the diffrence between a 10 year old and a 16 year old (which is apparently a legal age to have sex with a 50+ year old in that State).  Yi was told a couple things about that - first the GA said he thought the boy was 10 and second it is pretty easy to tell the difference between a 10 year old and a 16 year old.

agreed

what yi said was pretty stupid

but since we know that yi is not in fact pretty stupid, i'm prepared to accept the fact that in an attempt to express the notion that he did not know what hed do if he walked up on that scene,  he misppoke and said some stupid shit that made no sense

upon reflection i suspect that yi wouldve figured it out on his own, and maybe even clarified what he was trying to say,  but he got defensive and got his hackles up before he could even have that moment to think about the implication of what he appeared to be saying

Who is John Galt?

crazy canuck

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 15, 2011, 06:05:20 PM
Where?  :huh:

I dont recall Yi arguing his position after PLJ and I made those points.  I dont require Yi to say "oh ya, got that wrong".

If he gone on to say that there is nothing wrong with having sex with a 10 year old then I think your accusation would have had some merit.  But Yi never came close to that.

Rasputin

tim

would you have reacted the same way if you knew that yi was half korean?

or did you in fact react the way you did because yi appears to be korean?
Who is John Galt?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on November 15, 2011, 06:07:12 PM
I dunno, I suppose it's reasonably possible that you might not realize that some kid in the fog is 10, this being hypothetical and actual facts of the case aside.

That was Yi's point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Rasputin on November 15, 2011, 06:10:54 PM
tim

would you have reacted the same way if you knew that yi was half korean?

or did you in fact react the way you did because yi appears to be korean?
:hmm: What are you implying?

I've lived in Korea and known Yi was half Korean.  Koreans are much taller than advertised, no way you could confuse a ten year old there with a 16 year old.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Rasputin

i'm suggesting you're a koreophobe

i'm saying that had yi been a round eye, you'd have not said that he was a vile pedo-apologist; i'm saying that when yi said he couldn't tell the difference between a 10 year old and a 16 year old boy, you'd had just about enough of those asians using their poor eyesight as an excuse and you let him have it

i'm saying that all you saw was yellow

that's what i'm saying

by the way does ide know that you used to live in korea? :perv:
Who is John Galt?

Admiral Yi

Anyway the argument Yi made that drew Tim's ire was one could not tell the diffrence between a 10 year old and a 16 year old (which is apparently a legal age to have sex with a 50+ year old in that State).

No, that's a mischaracterization.  I was arguing that one could not distinguish between a 10 year old and a 16 year old with sufficient *certainty* to overcome the normal inhibition about intruding into a sexual situation.  Actually, not the general "one," but the narrower I, and I expect others as well.  I further argued that there's a not a clear break point at the legal age of consent, that the normal person doesn't see a 16 year old getting fucked up the ass and say "go get 'em tiger" but break out the chainsaw and call out the lynch mob if it's a 15 year old getting fucked up the ass.

I think McQueary had an extremely normal reaction: he freaked out and asked his dad what the fuck he was supposed to do.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 15, 2011, 06:39:36 PM
Anyway the argument Yi made that drew Tim's ire was one could not tell the diffrence between a 10 year old and a 16 year old (which is apparently a legal age to have sex with a 50+ year old in that State).

No, that's a mischaracterization.  I was arguing that one could not distinguish between a 10 year old and a 16 year old with sufficient *certainty* to overcome the normal inhibition about intruding into a sexual situation.  Actually, not the general "one," but the narrower I, and I expect others as well.  I further argued that there's a not a clear break point at the legal age of consent, that the normal person doesn't see a 16 year old getting fucked up the ass and say "go get 'em tiger" but break out the chainsaw and call out the lynch mob if it's a 15 year old getting fucked up the ass.

I think McQueary had an extremely normal reaction: he freaked out and asked his dad what the fuck he was supposed to do.

Except McQueary said he thought the boy was 10 so your hypothetical about possible confusion as to whether this might be consensual doesnt work.

alfred russel

For those who were so quick to judgment based on the grand jury report, here is some more information from McQuery:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/mc-penn-state-scandal-mcqueary-20111115,0,676103.story

QuoteMike McQueary, the Penn State assistant football coach under fire for his reported lack of action in an alleged 2002 rape of a boy by Jerry Sandusky, said in an email to a former classmate that he stopped the assault in an athletic facility shower and discussed it with police.

In the email obtained by The Morning Call, McQueary wrote that he "did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police" following the alleged incident between Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant coach, and a boy. McQueary also wrote that he "is getting hammered for handling this the right way or what I thought at the time was right."

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 15, 2011, 06:58:55 PM
Except McQueary said he thought the boy was 10 so your hypothetical about possible confusion as to whether this might be consensual doesnt work.

Seems to me thinking he was 10, as opposed to knowing he was 10, still leaves quite a bit of scope for uncertainty.